JB's Presser after Bona | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Bona

At refs or at his team’s continued inability to run a functional offense?
The refs are the refs. There is absolutely nothing he or anyone else can do about them. Like Belichek says - focus on the things you can control. Like your offense which can, over time, be improved.

Jim threw his clip board down on the floor when the ref only put .3 seconds on the clock cause he knew no matter what he drew up they were done.

Chased after the ref in tunnel to scream at him.

And then stormed out of post game press conference when media asked about the refs. Bet that media reporter felt like a dick

Umm, why would the reporter feel like that? It was a logical question to ask.

The reporter has no control over whether the coach throws a tantrum and walks out.

Jim threw his clip board down on the floor when the ref only put .3 seconds on the clock cause he knew no matter what he drew up they were done.

And then stormed out of post game press conference when media asked about the refs. Bet that media reporter felt like a dick[/QUOTE

And then stormed out of post game press conference when media asked about the refs. Bet that media reporter felt like a dick

I doubt the reporter felt badly. His question got a reaction and that’s exactly what he wanted. We’re all talking about it and I bet that press conference which was pretty tame and unremarkable will now get comments and clicks because he asked.

I doubt the reporter felt badly. His question got a reaction and that’s exactly what he wanted. We’re all talking about it and I bet that press conference which was pretty tame and unremarkable will now get comments and clicks because he asked.

Or it could have just been a good and logical question to ask. Plus I would wager that it hadn't been asked there would be whining on here about why those weasels in the press were afraid to ask about that awful call.

Or it could have just been a good and logical question to ask. Plus I would wager that it hadn't been asked there would be whining on here about why those weasels in the press were afraid to ask about that awful call.

Huh, I never said it was a bad or illogical question. It seems reasonable to me that a game decided by calls at the end is a topic a reporter would believe is worth getting a take on. It’s also understandable and common knowledge that JB couldn’t answer without getting fined. Asking a question, doesn’t mean they will get an answer. JB gave him a reaction by ending the press conference and walking out that people could comment on so I imagine the reporter feels fine asking it.

Huh, I never said it was a bad or illogical question. It seems reasonable to me that a game decided by calls at the end is a topic a reporter would believe is worth getting a take on. It’s also understandable and common knowledge that JB couldn’t answer without getting fined. Asking a question, doesn’t mean they will get an answer. JB gave him a reaction by ending the press conference and walking out that people could comment on so I imagine the reporter feels fine asking it.

And I completely agree with you that the reporter would feel fine asking it. I'm suggesting only that "clicks" were probably not a major motivation. And again, the reporter couldn't have known JB would walk out. JB could have said "next question" and continued the presser.

Jb shouldnt have waited till the half to make an adjustment to stop one kid from torching us. Horrible first half coaching on his part. He was more asleep then the crowd.

Why do reporters ask about officating in any sport? If a coach responds he gets censored by league offices. Yeah its a story but an answer only gets the coach in trouble / punished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom