JB's Presser after Colgate | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Colgate

He compared having Washington in with the 3 guard line up to jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge, lol.

Maybe I missed it but has anyone asked Boeheim about the UW win over KU or more generally about Hopkins' start there? Or is that topic off limits?

he sat moyer to soon. the kid finally starts getting some confidence and jb makes him sit for taking a three. jb has a way of hurting some players confidence. i don't know why that happened, but i could not watch the whole game.

jim says he's " not comfortable going with the 3 guards defensively " even against a much smaller perimeter team like colgate ?

he sat moyer to soon. the kid finally starts getting some confidence and jb makes him sit for taking a three. jb has a way of hurting some players confidence. i don't know why that happened, but i could not watch the whole game.
The message from JB to Moyer was to NOT TAKE A 3! In the last games presser someone asked JB about the next time Moyer was going to take a 3 and JB answered something along the lines of "never".

As for "to(o) soon", right after that 3, JB had MD get ready. But JB was waiting for the next dead ball to do a substitution. Moyer saw MD was going to come in and then tried to drive from the 3 point line. It was an ugly turnover. That maneuver probably doubled his time on the bench.

Moyer needs to learn his role on the team.

The message from JB to Moyer was to NOT TAKE A 3! In the last games presser someone asked JB about the next time Moyer was going to take a 3 and JB answered something along the lines of "never".

As for "to(o) soon", right after that 3, JB had MD get ready. But JB was waiting for the next dead ball to do a substitution. Moyer saw MD was going to come in and then tried to drive from the 3 point line. It was an ugly turnover. That maneuver probably doubled his time on the bench.

Moyer needs to learn his role on the team.
I put this same sentiment somewhere else. In the UConn presser, JB explicitly said he does not want Moyer to EVER take that shot (this year, at least) and that he would sit if he did.

When the coach says don't take a certain shot to him and he does it right out of the gate, he shouldn't play. That's his own fault. He has every opportunity to play but his screw ups come quick and we can't afford a lot of them.

The kid is trying to make something happen which I actually appreciate. I didn't see the three in the colgate game but saw the Uconn one where they were daring him to shoot. You shoot that shot.

The kid is trying to make something happen which I actually appreciate. I didn't see the three in the colgate game but saw the Uconn one where they were daring him to shoot. You shoot that shot.
Yes. But even though he made it, JB said in the UConn post-game presser that he would be pulled if he took it again.

No. No, Moyer should not have taken that shot. And yes, Colgate was daring him to take it. It was one of the very few ways the 'Gate could win.

JB is trying to tell him through his words and actions that Moyer should not be taking the 3. You and Moyer are among the few who are having difficulty understanding this.

You absolutely do not take that shot. Roberson kept taking bad shots that hurt the team, he was trying to "make something happen ". The coach who is in the hall of fame has a blueprint on what it takes to win each game, why should a teenager who's played one good game take it upon himself to "make something happen" 2 minutes into a game.

The quickest way to the doghouse is not listening to the coach, especially JB. Zero sympathy for Moyer, I assume he learned his lesson.

I remember the same thing with Paul Harris, although his warning came with the caveat that if he made the shot he could remain in the game. I wonder if JB would have the cajones to remove Moyer had the shot gone in?

I actually think Moyers 3 ball looks better than Brisset. OB throws up some real bricks but apparently he has the green light. I can only guess it's the opposite in practice.

I actually think Moyers 3 ball looks better than Brisset. OB throws up some real bricks but apparently he has the green light. I can only guess it's the opposite in practice.
Yes, several times JB has said Brissett makes that shot in practice. He needs him to be somewhat of a threat from out there on an offensively challenged team with few guys who can make that shot.

Last edited:
I was just reading back about the Orange Madness scrimmage. We made 14 3's in that - so obviously the solution is to play against our own defense??

If you listened to his presser, he said that Moyer needs to learn when to spot up and when to go for a rebound. Which is what also caused Moyer to miss a pass from Howard later in the game.

I agree jb messed up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom