JBs Presser After Duke | Syracusefan.com

JBs Presser After Duke

corpjet

Board Prophet
cant imagine having to stand up and face the media tonight after whats happened this week and secondarily the loss.

I thought Coach Boeheim handled it professionally and with class. Quite honestly we should have known he would have handled it like this but props to him in this difficult time.

Also great job by the media in their coverage and post game questions being respectful of all involved.

cant imagine having to stand up and face the media tonight after whats happened this week and secondarily the loss.

I thought Coach Boeheim handled it professionally and with class. Quite honestly we should have known he would have handled it like this but props to him in this difficult time.

Also great job by the media in their coverage and post game questions being respectful of all involved.

Phenomenal job by JB.

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim
Press Conference Opening Statement
February 23, 2019

""Before we talk about tonight’s game, I want to address the tragic highway accident that occurred on Wednesday, February 20.

"First and foremost, to the Jimenez family: I want them to know how truly devastated I am for my involvement in the loss of their loved one, Jorge Jimenez. The grief and pain his family is feeling at this time is simply put: unimaginable.

"Juli, my family and I are heartbroken.

"I love this community. And to see so many of my fellow community members rally around the Jimenez family is a reminder of how special Central New York is.

"As Chancellor Syverud and Director of Athletics John Wildhack have said, our entire Syracuse University family extends our deepest condolences to everyone impacted by this loss.

"My decision to coach this game -- all I can say is that I felt a great responsibility, an obligation, to my players, the members of my basketball team. I recruited these young men to come and play at Syracuse University. They needed me to try do my job. And they understand I did this feeling fully the weight of the tragic accident and its impact on the Jimenez family. This is something that will be with me for the rest of my life.

"Out of respect for the Jimenez family, and all grieving at this time, I ask that your questions focus on tonight’s game."

Last edited:
A good coach not only teaches you how to play the game, he or she teaches you how to live your life.

I was no great athlete, but something I learned in college was take the professor, not the course.

I mean, wow. Puts the game in perspective. Reminds us all of how precious life is, how important our kids are, how hard the players have worked ... and what little significance one game has in the grand scheme.

Last edited:
6:31: "We didn't make enough shots." I wonder if he feels obligated to say it after every loss? :)

I applaud the reporters who were able to ask what everyone wanted to know about, without "pulling an Andy Katz". I also applaud Coach for actually answering those questions, at length, and in a respectful manner. The part about coaching to keep the obligation he made to his players, was probably one of the better answers I can recall him making in quite awhile.

D0I6WeuWkAA0wW5.jpg

Wow!!! This photograph says everything. It should be on the cover of the PS tomorrow. Well done. Did you take it?
Stole from Twitter

One point to make about the basketball questions. JB answered poorly, or perhaps intentionally, when asked about what they did different on Tyus. The right answer is they put Jones on him all night. K decided that stopping Tyus was more important than causing havoc with pressuring Frank at the point.

One point to make about the basketball questions. JB answered poorly, or perhaps intentionally, when asked about what they did different on Tyus. The right answer is they put Jones on him all night. K decided that stopping Tyus was more important than causing havoc with pressuring Frank at the point.

That was a good move by K and you can’t argue with the results. In the stats book, it will go down as Jones shutting down Battle.

But I thought Tyus mostly got the shots he wanted(and I think Boeheim said that).

He missed a couple wide open 3’s. He got in the lane for some floaters that just didn’t quite drop. He went hard to the basket in transition and missed while going a million miles an hour(he usually makes those).

It didn’t feel like he was struggling to function or get shots that he could make. He just wasn’t quite getting makable shots to drop. One open 3, 2 floaters, and a layup and he’s got 25. Could’ve easily happened.

That was a good move by K and you can’t argue with the results. In the stats book, it will go down as Jones shutting down Battle.

But I thought Tyus mostly got the shots he wanted(and I think Boeheim said that).

He missed a couple wide open 3’s. He got in the lane for some floaters that just didn’t quite drop. He went hard to the basket in transition and missed while going a million miles an hour(he usually makes those).

It didn’t feel like he was struggling to function or get shots that he could make. He just wasn’t quite getting makable shots to drop. One open 3, 2 floaters, and a layup and he’s got 25. Could’ve easily happened.

Yeah, Tyus got what he wanted most of the night. Just didn't hit. He's been hitting all those floaters and fading one-handers lately. Hit those, we win, simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom