JB's Presser after FSU | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after FSU

Vintage

“You guys are the only ones who don’t know what’s going on. I get it, the players get it... you guys are the only ones who don’t get it”
What???

The uncut version...

It's 5 games. It doesn't matter. Get over it.

I know he's trying to minimize the losing streak for the kids, but this is tough to watch.

What year did we start 0-4 in the BE & go 11-5 overall?

Anybody who doesn’t recognize we are in our own version of Bobby Bowden FSU football is just a total apologist for JB. This program needs a reset in a bad way. Our whole approach to the game Xs and Os wise has been rendered obsolete by the modern game. Adapt and change or go extinct. JB is too old and too stubborn to change. He’s not equipped to do it this late in his career. When the product on the court is as awful as it presently, it’s very difficult to overlook the nasty condescending personality as well. The last sanctions should have been the end. The longer this goes on the harder it will be to return to previous levels of success. Even though JB is the main architect of SU basketball success, the program has to bigger than one man and the decision makers on the hill must realize that some of the things that made JB a great coach are the same things that won’t allow him to clearly see when it’s time to call it quits. He’s not the first great coach to suffer from this.

Anybody who doesn’t recognize we are in our own version of Bobby Bowden FSU football is just a total apologist for JB. This program needs a reset in a bad way. Our whole approach to the game Xs and Os wise has been rendered obsolete by the modern game. Adapt and change or go extinct. JB is too old and too stubborn to change. He’s not equipped to do it this late in his career. When the product on the court is as awful as it presently, it’s very difficult to overlook the nasty condescending personality as well. The last sanctions should have been the end. The longer this goes on the harder it will be to return to previous levels of success. Even though JB is the main architect of SU basketball success, the program has to bigger than one man and the decision makers on the hill must realize that some of the things that made JB a great coach are the same things that won’t allow him to clearly see when it’s time to call it quits. He’s not the first great coach to suffer from this.

This take is on FIIIIIIIIIRE

What’s your plan for getting SU back to the previous level of success?

As you pointed out JB is the one who got the program to that level of success.

That the program is bigger than anyone man is meaningless pap.

It’s very likely SU basketball will go way down after JB leaves.

jb is and has been more than just a coach --he is the face of syracuse university and the city of syracuse. he can't let go. the guy is truly more about syracuse than most of the politicians.

What’s your plan for getting SU back to the previous level of success?

As you pointed out JB is the one who got the program to that level of success.

That the program is bigger than anyone man is meaningless pap.

It’s very likely SU basketball will go way down after JB leaves.
you may be spot on about the program declining when he leaves. however we are in a decline now but the incoming class looks decent.
my guess when jb leaves the program may go the other way depending on who we hire

pop in the tape . really we could have won every game we lost...or vice versa.

everyexcuse.jpg

The team that JB has now is the basis of the team that will stay intact for several years. Meaning that there will be at least 7 players returning next year who have started or played substantial team this year. The last time he had this progression in place was pre-sanctions. That is solid for the future, however, this current squad is starting to really mature and click this season. If Sid gets back to form, they can beat anybody in the country and will finish strong in ACC play.

you may be spot on about the program declining when he leaves. however we are in a decline now but the incoming class looks decent.
my guess when jb leaves the program may go the other way depending on who we hire

Team is going to be deeper and much more balanced next year. This is the end of the decline, which did include a Final Four run.

Team is going to be deeper and much more balanced next year. This is the end of the decline, which did include a Final Four run.

I agree with this line of thinking and it absolutely shocks me how people can't see it.

We've been hamstrung by sanctions and the way that roster management, as a result of the trend towards early departures, has come together to impact the program at the same time. Mix in some uncertainty around whether or not we were transitioning to Hopkins or not and I think you have the explanation for most of what we've seen in terms of the trajectory of the program.

That is behind us and by all accounts our incoming recruiting class is fantastic. Mix that with the talent we have returning and we should see the trajectory change in the right direction.

I hate writing this season off, but it seems like we are pretty much at that point based on what seems like our ceiling (current record and what seems realistic on a go forward) at this point. But the reality is that most objective viewers (along with this non-objective fan) wrote the season off before it started based on what seemed realistic given the roster we were going into battle with. It's only because JB got more out of that collection in the OOC in terms of results that I reset my expectations and am now being forced to consider setting them back to where they were preseason.

Last edited:
I agree with this line of thinking and it absolutely shocks me how people can't see it.

We've been hamstrung by sanctions and the way that roster management, as a result of the trend towards early departures, has come together to impact the program at the same time. Mix in some uncertainty around whether or not we were transitioning to Hopkins or not and I think you have the explanation for most of what we've seen in terms of the trajectory of the program.

That is behind us and by all accounts our incoming recruiting class is fantastic. Mix that with the talent we have returning and we should see the trajectory change in the right direction.

I hate writing this season off, but it seems like we are pretty much at that point based on what seems like our ceiling (current record and what seems realistic on a go forward) at this point. But the reality is that most objective viewers (along with this non-objective fan) wrote the season off before it started based on what seemed realistic given the roster we were going into battle with. It's only because JB got more out of that collection in the OOC in terms of results that I reset my expectations and am now being forced to consider setting them back to where they were preseason.
Careful w that line of thinking. While u may be right- the conventional "wisdom" on this forum was that last years team was FF material. ...

What worries me is that the offensive woes we’ve had since 2013 are systemic.
It's really the biggest problem this team faces year in year out.

JB's offenses of late have been garbage hero ball. It's garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom