JB's Presser after Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Ga Tech

Here is my completely useless take: I just keep looking at the roster and then the box score and then the roster and then the box score...nothing makes sense anymore. How can they be playing so poorly? Ugh! Go Cuse?

Besides a lousy shooting team, this is a horrible passing team. Players have to reach all over the place to catch the ball. Interior passing is non-existent.
That fundamental has been lacking awhile (it’s a pet peeve of mine). Frank threw away a ball trying to make a three foot pass. Multiple issues there...

OB is great driving to the hole, as long as he doesn't have to dribble. He can't keep his handle at all right now.
It’s bizarre. He looks completely shellshocked out there. JB made a BIZARRE comment in the presser that guys that are shooting so bad should eventually try to do something else. How the heck does OB do that when he starts 25 feet away. That’s gameplan

JB has done a fabulous job coaching this team for many decades. Can't dispute that he's done a great job with great results. He loves CNY and I do too.

I think he can add a number of years to his lifespan if he retires. This is probably not doing his physical or mental well being any good.

Watching this team, and recent SU teams, is like having a root canal procedure once every year for the past 4 1/2 years.
Only once a year? Feels like 2-3x a week for four months straight for five years with a few breaks in between.

It’s bizarre. He looks completely shellshocked out there. JB made a BIZARRE comment in the presser that guys that are shooting so bad should eventually try to do something else. How the heck does OB do that when he starts 25 feet away. That’s gameplan
At some point doesn't coaching play into this?
Doesn't the coach have any plan that at least tries to limit 3-point buzzer beating chucking and tries to work to the hoop?

I get that opponents will pack in the middle as GT did until the Orange show they can hit some 3's.
But don't you also need players moving without the ball, ball movement and crisp passing?
Right now the only guy regularly trying to do any of that is Marek.

At some point doesn't coaching play into this?
Doesn't the coach have any plan that at least tries to limit 3-point buzzer beating chucking and tries to work to the hoop?

I get that opponents will pack in the middle as GT did until the Orange show they can hit some 3's.
But don't you also need players moving without the ball, ball movement and crisp passing?
Right now the only guy regularly trying to do any of that is Marek.
That was my point

Besides a lousy shooting team, this is a horrible passing team. Players have to reach all over the place to catch the ball. Interior passing is non-existent.

It is quite amazing watching us pass the ball - every pass OB makes I'm shocked isn't stolen. Marek might be our best passer. :( And he's our undersized 5.

tyus and marek are all ACC academic. they both need to play smarter. team needs leadership.

Tech carved up our zone with ball movement. They only took 12 treys. They got the ball inside and scored easy baskets in the paint. They had an offensive game plan. We took 33 treys. We have no offensive flow. All we do is throw the ball around the perimeter and take a late shot clock long trey.

it was a Jamie Dixon like shredding of the zone

It is quite amazing watching us pass the ball - every pass OB makes I'm shocked isn't stolen. Marek might be our best passer. :( And he's our undersized 5.

Marek IS our best passer. Fundamentally sound, accurate, and often times leading the player to where they should be.

There should be a hard rule that anytime MD catches a pass at the high post or elbow, the strong side wing has to run a back door cut.

Am I the only person on here who wanted this to be longer than the paltry 5 minutes it was, and the only one who thought these questions were a bit too "softball-ish" in nature? If given the right incentives, JB can be entertaining as well as informative, so this presser was a bit lacking for my tastes.

He certainly got to plug the ZONE quite a bit in this presser, unfortunately not so much ours.

or maybe a coach should do something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom