JB's Presser after Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Georgetown

The part about how great the Big East was, and that Patrick, Pearl, and Mullin made it...I was moved. The "Freudian slip" was humorous.

Early on, when he was saying the difference with Frank this year is that he "plays through the mistakes" made me want to reply, "Yeah, because you don't Boeheim him". Enjoyable presser, glad JB talked longer than usual. I think there were fewer questions than usual, which probably contributed(along with the nostalgia) to the quality.

Whose fat head is that?

images

Great job by JB, giving Ewing so much respect for his toughness and what he did for the Big East. I loathe Georgetown but anyone who thinks Patrick wasn't a tough player is dead wrong. And delusional.

Great job by JB, giving Ewing so much respect for his toughness and what he did for the Big East. I loathe Georgetown but anyone who thinks Patrick wasn't a tough player is dead wrong. And delusional.

he was a tough player but also the dirtiest punk ever. twice while at gtown he grabbed players around the throat. nobody does that.

he was a tough player but also the dirtiest punk ever. twice while at gtown he grabbed players around the throat. nobody does that.

Thought it was Michael Graham who did that once. Graham was dirty; I wouldn't say the same about Patrick. I think Ewing did grab someone's throat once when he retaliated but I don't remember the specifics. JB said in today's presser that PE was never dirty, just played hard, if you put stock in what he says.

Thought it was Michael Graham who did that once. Graham was dirty; I wouldn't say the same about Patrick. I think Ewing did grab someone's throat once when he retaliated but I don't remember the specifics. JB said in today's presser that PE was never dirty, just played hard, if you put stock in what he says.

Jb has a faulty memory. Graham was definitely dirty. But I remember Ewing’s choking because I’d never seen a b-ball player do that. I’ll eventually remember the second player but one was Jon Koncak at SMU.

Last edited:
Jb has a faulty memory. Graham was detrainjy dirty. But I remember Ewing’s choking because I’d never seen a b-ball player do that. I’ll eventuakky ren never the second player but one was Jon Koncak at SMU.

I remember that Koncak incident now. Absolutely.

lol. damn, my spelling on my phone sucked.

it was a shove that put him down. The slap, (it was open handed) whiffed. It still should have been a flagrant foul, which Froggy initially called it until Thompson glowered at him. Naturally we lost in OT. This was in regulation and made all the difference. JB took it out on a press room chair but couldn't throw it as far as Bobby Knight did. There was also a traveling call on Papadakos when he scored that was BS.

The good old days...

Ewing was just mad that they only scored 37 points against an inferior opponent and won by the skin of their teeth. That game was as bad of an offensive performance as a fan will ever see...tops Butler v UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom