JB's Presser after Iona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Iona

Tyus is great and Brissett has looked very promising. Other than those two, it's been an absolute grind. Moyer/Delezaj/Chukwu have no offensive ability now, Sidibe is pretty limited and Frank/Geno haven't exactly looked good with the ball in their hands. Frank has been good as a catch and shoot type. I'm not on board with the defense yet because we have to see if these guys can hold up against a power 5 frontcourt. With the lack of bulk, I think it's going to be messy.

With limited offensive players, this is the type of team that needs to run clean, crisp set plays and not play iso ball. It works when Tyus has the ball, but we are a complete mess in the half court. Not having a legit PG hurts of course, but this area must improve.

The best hope with this team is that the young players will get better and stronger in-season. I'm hoping it'll at least be an up-and-down year and not an absolute slog.

Dolezaj is a better offensive player than you think, part of his lack of production is that Frank and whoever else has been playing point have not been delivering the ball to him when he has his man pinned outside and a clear lane to the basket, I have seen this many times and he would have had easy shots if the ball just gets delivered to him. I have said before this kid has the skills, just needs increased bulk and strength to be a very good player.

Just wondering, why is this team such a favorite of yours? After 4 games, I think they are quite brutal to watch. No offensive flow or ability to run plays and an overall lack of talent. They play hard, which I enjoy, but the skill is not there. I flipped to the UK/KU game after and it was night and day. That game was loaded with athletes, kids who could create anything they wanted and an overall much better flow to a game. Obviously, with so many 5-stars, those players are going to be better, but it was alarming how different (and worse) our team looked.

I want to believe this team won't be so bad, but they've been struggling with nobodies thus far. Having no PG again is very evident and I worry what's going to happen when a team with some size and strength goes against our frontline. I don't think the ceiling is very high, but the floor seems pretty low.

"they've been struggling with nobodies "

Iona is not a 'nobody': Tim Cluess - Wikipedia

And we've won the other games by an average of 29 points.

I disagree really like this team ,they may not be a bunch of 5 star athletes but play hard and compete. They will only get better and we have the perfect coach to bring them along. We have some basketball players on this squad. That was a good test last night.. Think we beat KU but time will tell.

nice blouse. did he step out of a plane at 700 feet. perry-chute ellis collection ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom