JB's Presser after Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Miami

there was one stretch in the first half where they played perfect D for several possessions.. great rotations and help. this team really needs to get the rebounds, dont try to get fast breaks and have 5 guys get on the boards. we limited the complete breakdowns last night and even though the one kid made 3's several were bombs and you have to live with that.

it was good but he should have complimented roby. he played very well and a compliment would be of benefit to him. jim is jim.
He did complement Roby. He said Roby was our best defensive forward and our best defensive player in the middle. Unfortunately Tyler can't play in two places at the same time.

He did complement Roby. He said Roby was our best defensive forward and our best defensive player in the middle. Unfortunately Tyler can't play in two places at the same time.

I believe JB at that moment was actually referring to Tyler Lydon, not Tyler Roberson. Roberson doesn't play the middle (5) position, Lydon does and shifts regularly between the 4 and 5. Roby generally solely plays the 4.

Bringing in Roby was to take Thompson out of the 5 (where JB mentioned he still struggles a lot there defensively) and sliding Lydon over in lieu of, and inserting Roby at the 4.

Last edited:
JB on Gillon: "The one thing about that position (point guard), when you're hesitating, when you're thinking about the other guy coming in, ... I think that's been one of our problems. I think we have to go with one person in that position for a while."

That's the most significant sound bite coming out of this presser.
And it represents what must be a very recent discovery by JB!

I believe JB at that moment was actually referring to Tyler Lydon, not Tyler Roberson. Roberson doesn't play the middle (5) position, Lydon does and shifts regularly between the 4 and 5. Roby generally solely plays the 4.

Bringing in Roby was to take Thompson out of the 5 (where JB mentioned he still struggles a lot there defensively) and sliding Lydon over in lieu of, and inserting Roby at the 4.
Thompson was pulled after his second early foul. Would Robby have gotten a chance if not for Thompson's fouls?

Thompson was pulled after his second early foul. Would Robby have gotten a chance if not for Thompson's fouls?

Maybe he would not have, but that is why you have to be ready when your opportunity comes. It was disappointing to me earlier in the season (can't remember which game it was) when Robey got what seemed like an unexpected opportunity to get some run (may have been the game Lydon turned his ankle) and I didn't feel like he played that well or that hard.

Whether JB intended to ride Robey hard last night, or it happened because Robey got a shot and took advantage of his opportunity I don't much care. I'm just glad that he got the chance and capitalized on it. Hopefully he'll play the rest of the season like the the bench is a death sentence to be avoided at all costs.

we were playing with a pretty good lead. and roberson was a big part of that. but had we been trailing and needed points i bet we'd seen Tsquare late.

Thompson started the 2nd half and didn't even last a NY Minute before JB yanked him because of a defensive lapse...Thompson's evening was done. So, to answer your question, yes. :)

JB on Gillon: "The one thing about that position (point guard), when you're hesitating, when you're thinking about the other guy coming in, ... I think that's been one of our problems. I think we have to go with one person in that position for a while."

That's the most significant sound bite coming out of this presser.

I definitely agree with Jimmy on that

Don't you think this happened in the locker room? If the players are watching the press conference to find out what the coach thinks of their play, we have bigger problems than anyone realizes.
don't u think sometimes players(and people,employees etc ) like public recognition?i hope u r not in a management position. by the way jb did sort of compliment him. my mistake. yours appears to be not knowing human nature.

thanks for the correction

The Tyler in the middle is Lydon. Roberson doesn't play center.

One funny JB moment in the presser was when JB said the best players are the ones who start. He said it with an obnoxious tone to the reporter, as if the reporter was an imbecile. Meanwhile, it's a total contradiction by JB, who has had a ton of ceremonial starters throughout the years and used guys like Dion and MCW off the bench.

and scoop. funny how the "starters" aren't there at "crunch " time.

One funny JB moment in the presser was when JB said the best players are the ones who start. He said it with an obnoxious tone to the reporter, as if the reporter was an imbecile. Meanwhile, it's a total contradiction by JB, who has had a ton of ceremonial starters throughout the years and used guys like Dion and MCW off the bench.
HOF. Owe him a lot. Charities. Ya da ya da ya da. Maybe the one quality I abhor the most in someone is rudeness.

HOF. Owe him a lot. Charities. Ya da ya da ya da. Maybe the one quality I abhor the most in someone is rudeness.

Why don't you just shut up you moron????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom