JB's Presser after Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Miami

With such a ripping of the ACCT/Greensboro you wonder if that's it for him.
Well we won't be getting any help on the selection committee from the ACC rep now.

I thought he found a passable restaurant down there.

The last thing he should be worried about right now is where the acct, we played basically a home game today and couldn't get it done.

I'm sure it was the last thing on his mind until he was asked a question about it. He was just annoyed and he found an outlet.

Jimmy can't be making too many friends on the committee with his poor attitude. Could come back to hurt SU on Sunday.

He never has, with this attitude. But fans worship him regardless. He and the Hop situation is a dumpster fire. Hop is a sucker for handing this long and jimmy remains unlikable. I have tried for 20 years...just not happening.

So a coach who is 0-3 in ACC tourney games tells ACC not to play in Greensboro anymore. Bet Swofford loved that.

Jimmy can't be making too many friends on the committee with his poor attitude. Could come back to hurt SU on Sunday.

I'm sure the NCAA agrees with him on the dumpiness of Greensboro and this backwardass state I live in. But hey, it was 74 today and I live 5 miles from the beach...can't complain too much.

Not sure how these two things are related. He's talking about a business decision and he was right IMO.

His point was 100% correct. He should've just left it at NY, Atlanta, DC being major media markets, fertile recruiting grounds, etc. He didn't need to mention Greensboro at all, especially the unflattering remarks and how it should never be there, although, again, he's 100% correct.

The city of Greensboro's retort was quite witty though.

His point was 100% correct. He should've just left it at NY, Atlanta, DC being major media markets, fertile recruiting grounds, etc. He didn't need to mention Greensboro at all, especially the unflattering remarks and how it should never be there, although, again, he's 100% correct.

The city of Greensboro's retort was quite witty though.

Exactly. Just leave it at those cities and no need to go out of the way to rip Greensboro especially after a tough loss. Just keep your trap shut! Ugh, not a good look, imo.

JB didn't say anything that wasn't true.

The ACCT is better suited for big cities with lots of media (NYC, ATL, DC, etc...)

Greensboro is like Orchard Park. You get off the exit, and there's a stadium and a parking lot, and that's about it.

So if I was married to a fat chick and I called her fat is it the right move? Sometimes saying things that while true is better left unsaid.

Anytime there is a human element you can't say what does and doesn't have effect.

I highly doubt the committee is sitting there saying, "You know we were going to put Syracuse in the tournament, but after those comments by Boeheim, we are taking them out."

I highly doubt the committee is sitting there saying, "You know we were going to put Syracuse in the tournament, but after those comments by Boeheim, we are taking them out."

Probably not but hearing a negative attitude year in and out can put a bad flavor in the mouth of somebody and it could bite him.

Don't know if they vote or whatever they do but it could take one person who doesn't like him or his comments to keep us out. We need all the help we need to get it, why come off with a bad attitude?

Maybe it's a northeast thing but the poorest negative attitudes I've ever seen are from there.

Jimmy can praise Brooklyn/NYC all he wants. He can make a thousand valid arguments for playing in 'big cities.' But, the moment he went into ripping Greensboro... that was just ridiculous. Unwarranted, sour, and stupid. That was just arrogant and ugly, and Greensboro's response was pretty perfect.

BYbGNWU.jpg

"Boom. Roasted."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom