JB's Presser after NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after NC State

Man... certain games just linger for me and this qualifies.

Ok, if my suggestion of logging off and watching compelling entertainment wasn't enough, I suppose you could take it a notch or 2 higher and ingest something, such as alcohol. These are all proven techniques! I don't want you to remain down.

Or you could ask the homers/company men on here how they do it. They seem to have magical powers even beyond what I am aware of.

JB said that he was 'disappointed' that Hughes injured himself in warm-ups. Not 'frustrated', disappointed. I'm not sure how to interpret that. Is he saying that Hughes or somebody else did something wrong?

My Question for Thursday night.
Coach. Why did Hughes injure himself. Seriously.

you didn’t listen to it? He praised Q up and down and said he ran out of gas and isn’t used to playing that much. There wasn’t an iota of negativity. And Q did not show the effort and activity of the boards as he had been.
People are amazingly sensitive about these things. i don't argue b/c it's pointless but JB tends to make pretty good points (something that almost never happens in pressers -- just watch dino's) if you just try to listen objectively.

Love the comment about the 2:45 mark. "They're get hit down there, but they don't call that. They just call it at the other end" He didn't go all Mike Brey but hey at least he made the point. Frustrating to watch the BS calls but then again thats the only reason I'm here right now taking out my frustrations the only was I can. If I could I buy Mike Eades and/or Michael Stephens a beer and spill it on the bar and say my bad I traveled or hey didn't you see me get bumped

Some guy from the top of 308 shouted at the top of his lungs at Stephens before the game, suggesting he might come to a bad end if he didn't call a good game. I don't recall hearing him cheering during the game, just that announcement.

it was interesting that late in the game, the refs suddenly decided to make those "warding off" calls. It's like a football ref not calling holding until the fourth quarter.

Warm caring and typical JB.
Dude was frustrated but I thought perfectly fine commentary on what happened. Just pissed that they sustained a massively difficult injury in warmups. I'd feel the same way. Not mad at hughes but just thinking What? Seriously?

JB said that he was 'disappointed' that Hughes injured himself in warm-ups. Not 'frustrated', disappointed. I'm not sure how to interpret that. Is he saying that Hughes or somebody else did something wrong?

Very interesting question, of which I do not claim to have any idea of the correct answer to.

While it's fun to try to interpret JB like ancient scriptures or well written song lyrics, at times I can't help but be reminded of Brave New World or Amusing Ourselves to Death when I decide to do so.

Anyhow, things like this are when I wish the press would follow up more with questions like the one yourself and another member posted. Possibly that's why JB gathered his papers(so that you could see it coming) during his final talking and ambled off at around the 3 and a half minute mark?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom