JB's Presser after ND | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

I'd be checked out as much as he has too.

I do think there are some coaching issues as well as past recruiting mistakes but there is no reason for this team to be this bad and I think the players, especially a few of them, that are the main reason this team is as bad as it is.

I'd be checked out as much as he has too.

I do think there are some coaching issues as well as past recruiting mistakes but there is no reason for this team to be this bad and I think the players, especially a few of them, that are the main reason this team is as bad as it is.
The effort really sucks. As JB noted we give up 96 to BC on the road and 53 at home...

"I'm really disappointed in two of our players." I'm guessing Roberson and... The second could be like 3 other guys.

"I'm really disappointed in two of our players." I'm guessing Roberson and... The second could be like 3 other guys.
Normally i would guess FH and TR but today FH played much more than JG so.....its kind of a mess that may be too late to fix, we ll see...

Robey and Thompson combined ... 0 points, 3 boards, 4 turnovers.

I guess but then again, he played a huge chunk of the point guard minutes.

As soon as I made my post I thought about that, it really could be anybody but Lydon and Battle.

Robey and Thompson combined ... 0 points, 3 boards, 4 turnovers.

Maybe but he did mention that TT is great offensively (not this game) but that he struggles on defense. My problem with TT is he doesn't even look like he TRIES to play defense. That pisses me off. The coaches cannot at least make sure he gives an effort? Not sure he gives it everything he has.

Last edited:
As soon as I made my post I thought about that, it really could be anybody but Lydon and Battle.

Don't think it can be White or Coleman either. He made sure to mention you can't win with 3 guys and AW scored around his average. And JB knows Coleman is hurt. And I doubt it's Thompson, though he had a total stinker.

I can do that.

The scary part is I honestly believe that you put anybody on the back end of the zone for 40 minutes and they can pull down 3 rebounds.

I get it. Not much JB can say but his tone and body language is awful. So resigned. So deflated. Again, no reason for him to be pumped up obviously but he looks like he's devoid of ideas, hope and energy. He looks spent.

Gillon

Yeah, I'm guessing you are right. Roberson and Gillon. He is so Jekyll and Hyde. Actually, bad analogy. Jekyll is mild mannered. Hyde is at least energetic. This team could use some frothing at the mouth. LOL. Okay, maybe not, but you get my point.

I get it. Not much JB can say but his tone and body language is awful. So resigned. So deflated. Again, no reason for him to be pumped up obviously but he looks like he's devoid of ideas, hope and energy. He looks spent.
Yeh, I'm devoid too. I'm not sure what the staff can do at this point. It has to be hard for the players and coaches to keep losing and having to regroup for the next game. No excuse for the lackluster play. There really isn't enough practice time to correct fundamentals, correct mistakes, work on individual game, prepare for the next opponent, etc. How many times can you hit restart with the same group of guys? I'm not sure there is another way jb can play it to the press anyway. He's just being honest.

Yeah, I'm guessing you are right. Roberson and Gillon. He is so Jekyll and Hyde. Actually, bad analogy. Jekyll is mild mannered. Hyde is at least energetic. This team could use some frothing at the mouth. LOL. Okay, maybe not, but you get my point.
Yes, just give me one terrence roberts.

Yeh, I'm devoid too. I'm not sure what the staff can do at this point. It has to be hard for the players and coaches to keep losing and having to regroup for the next game. No excuse for the lackluster play. There really isn't enough practice time to correct fundamentals, correct mistakes, work on individual game, prepare for the next opponent, etc. How many times can you hit restart with the same group of guys? I'm not sure there is another way jb can play it to the press anyway. He's just being honest.

I know I'll get roasted but only thing we could try is man-to-man. It's at least different and requires energy. The zone requires energy too but these guys don't get that. I can tell you one thing, Battle is a lock down man defender. What the hell could it hurt? Might spark us. Might not. Nothing to lose. We are approaching rock bottom.

Yes, just give me one terrence roberts.

The one guy on the roster who brings a snarl when he plays is Matt Moyer. Surprising for his personality but he plays that way, especially on offense. Tries to dunk everything, preferably in someone's face and lets the defender know about it. Team needs a lot of things, but that sort of attitude too. Team is soft.

I think it's obvious he's lost the locker room, he knows it, and he also knows there's nothing that can fix it during the rest of this season. Or, at least there's no "fix" that wouldn't make it even worse.

edit: I think I said it once before, but he's like a nudist caught out in a field during a hail storm: he can't run, can't hide, and he can't make it stop. :noidea:

Last edited:
I think it's obvious he's lost the locker room, he knows it, and he also knows there's nothing that can fix it during the rest of this season. Or, at least there's no "fix" that wouldn't make it even worse.

Agreed. Sad. When was the last time this happened-- that JB lost his team? '01-02? That team had issues. Did JB lose them though? Shump and Meshawn hated each other but the team still put in an effort, right?

Agreed. Sad. When was the last time this happened-- that JB lost his team? '01-02? That team had issues. Did JB lose them though? Shump and Meshawn hated each other but the team still put in an effort, right?

That team had a lot of "stuff"

Shump vs MeShawn

No Billy.

Konecny.

McNeil going home to visit with his sick Mom

Duany's broken nose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics