JB's Presser after ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

I know I'll get roasted but only thing we could try is man-to-man. It's at least different and requires energy. The zone requires energy too but these guys don't get that. I can tell you one thing, Battle is a lock down man defender. What the hell could it hurt? Might spark us. Might not. Nothing to lose. We are approaching rock bottom.
I usually don't like the anti-zone stuff here bc it's usually presented, unfairly imo, as a reason why we lose but never why we win. And teams that play man aren't being asked to switch to zone.

That being said, I don't think you'll get roasted. I actually don't think the staff is as stubborn as most (I'll probably get roasted for that) and I would bet they have at least considered m2m. Problem is we could be worse at m2m. Lydon/TT is two weak to d most acc centers and likely too slow to guard wings, AW lack of speed covering wings, DC...no. Maybe the guards would be ok or same. Not sure about Frank/Gillon as they have trouble keeping anyone in front of them. All those same principles would still be lacking and possibly exposed to a greater degree.

But at this point I'm down for anything (except our disastrous press).

Yeah, I'm guessing you are right. Roberson and Gillon. He is so Jekyll and Hyde. Actually, bad analogy. Jekyll is mild mannered. Hyde is at least energetic. This team could use some frothing at the mouth. LOL. Okay, maybe not, but you get my point.
I don't recall Gillons problem today. I even recall him passing after he penetrated. What'd he do?

I think it's obvious he's lost the locker room, he knows it, and he also knows there's nothing that can fix it during the rest of this season. Or, at least there's no "fix" that wouldn't make it even worse.

edit: I think I said it once before, but he's like a nudist caught out in a field during a hail storm: he can't run, can't hide, and he can't make it stop. :noidea:
How can you help a team that can't even handle the ball? Have you ever seen a Division 1 team lose the ball so easily?

There's just something about the words "JB presser" that I have a viscerally negative reaction too. I loved the legendary "not 10 games" one, but every other one just makes me cringe for some reason.

Agreed. Sad. When was the last time this happened-- that JB lost his team? '01-02? That team had issues. Did JB lose them though? Shump and Meshawn hated each other but the team still put in an effort, right?

And that team, even with all it's drama, was in the "first four" teams out of the tourney. We probably would have been in with a BET win. It had 5 out of 8 key players on a national title team.

I know I'll get roasted but only thing we could try is man-to-man. It's at least different and requires energy. The zone requires energy too but these guys don't get that. I can tell you one thing, Battle is a lock down man defender. What the hell could it hurt? Might spark us. Might not. Nothing to lose. We are approaching rock bottom.
Stop making sense with posts like this. You don't want to have SU move to the 21st century and ditch the zone.

Nothing. At all.
Very true. He did make an awful inbounds pass that led to a turnover. He shouldn't have been put in that position though. That's on JB but of course it led to a quick hook and a reaming on the bench with Red in between them.

Very true. He did make an awful inbounds pass that led to a turnover. He shouldn't have been put in that position though. That's on JB but of course it led to a quick hook and a reaming on the bench with Red in between them.

He's inbounded a bunch of times. Sound strategy. A 5'9" guard inbounding the ball. I mean, that really is smart. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

A little off point, but when was the last JB presser that did not begin with his head down and the words "I thought"?

I get it. Not much JB can say but his tone and body language is awful. So resigned. So deflated. Again, no reason for him to be pumped up obviously but he looks like he's devoid of ideas, hope and energy. He looks spent.
What do you expect him and his body language to look like immediately after a game like that? There are a few posters on this board who probably would look worse if they could somehow get out of the fetal position and make their way to a mirror.

JB is a long way from giving up on the season.

What do you expect him and his body language to look like immediately after a game like that? There are a few posters on this board who probably would look worse if they could somehow get out of the fetal position and make their way to a mirror.

JB is a long way from giving up on the season.

I gave a fair appraisal. I started out by saying not much JB can say. I just havent seen him in forever seemingly with no clue how to reach his team and this dejected too.

But, but our guys can't play man to man, not even a wink...according to JB. I don't what they're doing at Indiana and at Maryland, cause those two boys we really wanted in Bryant and Heurter somehow are playing it at their respective schools. Imagine that, a defense that they have played their entire lives prior to getting to those schools somehow are finding a way for those guys to still play it...and, succeed to boot. I've even seen BJ at LaSalle play on TV a few times this season and he's doing it too. A frigging miracle I'd say cuz we know they couldn't play it worth a here. It must be something in the water. ;):bang:

Robey and Thompson combined ... 0 points, 3 boards, 4 turnovers.
but both guys only played 10 minutes of a 40 minute game. hard to pin a loss on 2 guys sitting on the bench.

but both guys only played 10 minutes of a 40 minute game. hard to pin a loss on 2 guys sitting on the bench.
They were sitting on the bench because they each had managed to pick up four fouls before breaking a sweat.

"I'm really disappointed in two of our players." I'm guessing Roberson and... The second could be like 3 other guys.
Prophetic . Im disappointed in all but two.

There's just something about the words "JB presser" that I have a viscerally negative reaction too. I loved the legendary "not 10 games" one, but every other one just makes me cringe for some reason.
because he sort acts like a d ick in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom