JB's Presser after Oregon | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Oregon

Does anyone ever ask the question about shooting from the NBA 3 point line? Seems like if you have identified failures in shooting from 3 you'd root cause it out a bit to see how many you shoot from farther back than you need to?

So, he says your not getting to the basket against those two guys (from Oregon). I saw OB finally take it to the basket and get a couple calls in the second half. I don't understand what JB is saying.

Whenever we play at a venue with the NBA three point line, all our threes seem to come from beyond the NBA line. They act like they don’t know which line is the college line. Our percentage from the further line is awful.

JB wanting our centers to play more physical. And, how they are doing nothing on either end of the floor. Well, JB, that's what you get when you recruit the 5 spot that are consistently bean poles, whom also have zero offensive skills.

JB is spot on about bol bol. he's gifted but it's finesse not power. really needed our bigs to push him around and make the fouls count. both sidibe and chukwu have been in the program long enuf to understand this. use your strength. they both played too soft .

JB wanting our centers to play more physical. And, how they are doing nothing on either end of the floor. Well, JB, that's what you get when you recruit the 5 spot that are consistently bean poles, whom also have zero offensive skills.
Also why would they play hard when they almost NEVER get the ball. seriously.. we dont use them on Offense. Its 4 on 5

Also why would they play hard when they almost NEVER get the ball. seriously.. we dont use them on Offense. Its 4 on 5

It's an interesting point. I saw one set tonight where Chewy was posted, and really well, almost directly under the basket, Bol was pulled out to the free throw line, and the ball made it round to corner, our player looked DIRECTLY at PC, and passed back out around the three line.

It's an interesting point. I saw one set tonight where Chewy was posted, and really well, almost directly under the basket, Bol was pulled out to the free throw line, and the ball made it round to corner, our player looked DIRECTLY at PC, and passed back out around the three line.
In their defense, Chewy was wearing his stone hands today. He had a rough trip to the NYC this week.

JB is spot on about bol bol. he's gifted but it's finesse not power. really needed our bigs to push him around and make the fouls count. both sidibe and chukwu have been in the program long enuf to understand this. use your strength. they both played too soft .
Not sure which was worse...Brissett's play or that of the SU centers.
They let themselves be dominated by Bol and Cobb.
Two games...two dominations.
Meanwhile Iowa pushed Bol around like the toothpick he is and they're killing UConn.

Whenever we play at a venue with the NBA three point line, all our threes seem to come from beyond the NBA line. They act like they don’t know which line is the college line. Our percentage from the further line is awful.

Chance to show off for the scouts

Asking our centers to be more physical is hilarious. PC is 220 lbs and BS is like a baby deer at times. These dudes can’t be physical with anyone, which is not their fault. Recruit some bulk and ability and we won’t have these questions.

You don't have to be beefy to play physical.
When you’re all limbs and somewhat awkward, you aren’t being too physical with anybody. You don’t have to be Magnus Ver Magnusson, but some lower body strength and some bulk to withstand physical play sure helps.

We are so boring. The offense is terrible. All these new offenses with spacing with teams playing small bad just hasn’t been adapted to. We will win games because we will muck the game up with then zone , but wow is it ugly. I doubt we will see it , but I’d like to see us play with OB as the center , Hughes, Battle, BB, Carey.

I can't believe we lost to a garbage uconn team that lost to Iowa by 20. In front of a packed MSG crowd. The Ducks are good thats an OK team to lose to but What on Thursday.

Battle and Brissett forgot how to play basketball I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom