JB's Presser after Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

They also had a run at the end of the first half and one late in the second half where they hit everything they jacked up. Basketball is a game of runs and slumps by nature.

That's when they had those runs. the point is, a 20 lead isn't safe if the other team can do that.

We’re trading offense for defense with this DNP. Buddy is streaky at best right now and he’s a liability on defense. For every 3 he made Pitt scored a 3 on his side. No reason jc couldn’t get some run. Hope he’s not getting KJ’d.
That's just not true.

I thought Buddy played OK defense and did not give up any obvious points that I can recall. I do think he is susceptible to the dribble drive penetration plays but covering the 3 point shooting seemed fine.

He’s been turning the ball over like crazy lately. If it’s a matter of him having to earn his minutes, I understand.
JB said it was about how they wanted Tyus at PG, so he had the ball in his hands right away. Otherwise they over play him and we have a hard time getting him the ball in a good spots I think he explained it pretty well.

That's when they had those runs. the point is, a 20 lead isn't safe if the other team can do that.

My point is, that is basketball. I don’t care if it’s, high school, college, pro, the Olympics or the playground. This isn’t unique to SU.

My point is, that is basketball. I don’t care if it’s, high school, college, pro, the Olympics or the playground. This isn’t unique to SU.

The issue was: was a 20 point lead safe enough to play players just to get them experience? yesterday it was not.

Liability? I expected Buddy to come in with a strong understanding of his father's zone principles.
Unsure why. This is the 1st year he has played in the zone. I am sure the /S discussions were more about Buddy's game than father's zone principals.

JB said it was about how they wanted Tyus at PG, so he had the ball in his hands right away. Otherwise they over play him and we have a hard time getting him the ball in a good spots I think he explained it pretty well.
Yup. He was very clear about that. Interesting that some people will post about how JB never changes anything on offense, and then complain when he tries something new because it might hurt a player's feelings to have to sit out a game.

JC is a turnover machine that can’t shoot. Besides scoring a bunch against a horrible UConn team he hasn’t played well. He isn’t ready. I think you play the horses you need this year to get continuity. Franks injury really set us back. JC will have his opportunity next year.
Sounds like another point guard on the team his freshman year. Now he is considered indispensable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom