JB's Presser after SBU | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after SBU

He was talking about freshman that don't have to take time to get used to the pace of play at the college level. Guys that are ready to contribute big minutes.

I don’t understand the venom toward Buddy.

He has sat entire games. It’s not as if he plays in close games down the stretch.

Forcing him some minutes in games like this could potentially pay big dividends if he is able to turn the corner. If the game slows down for him and he can become a pure shooter option for us deeper into ACC play and hopefully into March then this team could find a different peak level.

We’ve had plenty of frosh through the years that have struggled just as much as Buddy has so far this season.

"very few freshmen that right away can go out there, very few, the number is extremely small " ?
does he watch college ball ? and how many freshman have we started the past 20 years ?

(should i just save time and delete this now ?)

This should not be deleted ever.

Because it’s a great example of poor listening skills or a failure to understand what is being said coupled with a desire to criticize JB whenever the poster thinks he can get away with it.

By removing the first part of what JB, tbonezone took his comments out of context. The question was about Buddy’s play or his effectiveness. JB commented that he was a freshman and that very few freshman are effective in games. He wasn’t saying that no freshman played but rather that they rarely played well.

What tbonezone heard was “very few freshman play” and he took off with it.

no tbone has watched the NBA draft . and we start/play freshman who do well practically every year.

I don’t blame you for trying to change the subject from your purposely misquoting JB.

Even so, of all the freshman that play in college basketball in a year, how many are drafted.? And how many are immediately effective during their freshman season?

JB says it is a very small number.

"there's very few freshman that really right away can go out there. very very few. the number is extremely small " exact quote.
we start them all time. they play and start all over the NCAA. many of the best players in fact.
try watching the NBA first round. freshman play. lots of them.

"there's very few freshman that really right away can go out there. very very few. the number is extremely small " exact quote.
we start them all time. they play and start all over the NCAA. many of the best players in fact.

You are still missing the point because you are apparently incapable of listening to the both the question and the entire answer to the question.

You persist on truncating JB’s response to fit what you wished he had said and meant.

There were 18 freshman drafted in the 2018 NBA draft (both rounds.)

There are 347 div 1 basketball teams.

= small amount

How many freshman go in the first round of the NBA draft? Maybe 15-20 tops? How many freshman are there in the NCAA every year? Thousands? Yea, that’s basically the definition of a small percent...
15-20 tops is more than 50% of the kids drafted in that round. You've failed miserably at your point. Terrible.

That wasn’t his point nor JBs.
I wasn't worried about JB's point, as I didn't listen to the question or the answer. But when a large number of freshmen, compared to the total number of kids in the two rounds, are drafted each year, his (the poster, not JB) point was poorly made.

I wasn't worried about JB's point, as I didn't listen to the question or the answer. But when a large number of freshmen, compared to the total number of kids in the two rounds, are drafted each year, his (the poster, not JB) point was poorly made.

his point is comparing to all freshman in college, not just the nba draft. its about 5%.

his point is comparing to all freshman in college, not just the nba draft. its about 5%.
Then why did the poster mention the draft? And the first round at that?

Then why did the poster mention the draft? And the first round at that?

"How many freshman go in the first round of the NBA draft? Maybe 15-20 tops? How many freshman are there in the NCAA every year? Thousands? Yea, that’s basically the definition of a small percent..."

"How many freshman go in the first round of the NBA draft? Maybe 15-20 tops? How many freshman are there in the NCAA every year? Thousands? Yea, that’s basically the definition of a small percent..."
How many freshman are in the universe? It was a poorly made point. The first sentence absolutely makes the sentence you highlighted useless.

You could make his same point with every class when compared to number of players and kids drafted in that class.

Again, this has nothing to do with what JB said.

How many freshman are in the universe? It was a poorly made point. The first sentence absolutely makes the sentence you highlighted useless.

You could make his same point with every class when compared to number of players and kids drafted in that class.

Again, this has nothing to do with what JB said.

are you doing this on purpose?

I was surprised by the “Jalen is walking the ball up the court” comment. Frank has spent the last two years doing that, and haven’t heard that one peep about it.

Perhaps he meant Jalen is more capable at running an uptempo offense than Frank and wants him to do so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom