JB's Presser after SBU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after SBU

I was surprised by the “Jalen is walking the ball up the court” comment. Frank has spent the last two years doing that, and haven’t heard that one peep about it.

Perhaps he meant Jalen is more capable at running an uptempo offense than Frank and wants him to do so?

jb wanted to push the ball today, like we have the past 2 1/2 games. several times Jalen walked it up. we did it last year intentionally.

"We had good practices this week, and it helps."

Ya think?

I was surprised by the “Jalen is walking the ball up the court” comment. Frank has spent the last two years doing that, and haven’t heard that one peep about it.

Perhaps he meant Jalen is more capable at running an uptempo offense than Frank and wants him to do so?
I thought that was great to hear. JB is on public record saying he wants Jalen to speed up when he can, and that it is something JB believes Jalen will be good at. And that Jalen is fast.

It bodes well for a faster pace in SU's future when Jalen is the main man.

"How many freshman go in the first round of the NBA draft? Maybe 15-20 tops? How many freshman are there in the NCAA every year? Thousands? Yea, that’s basically the definition of a small percent..."
D1 programs X 13 / 4 would give you a rough idea

don't think coaches point was about getting drafted. rather playing and contributing. i suppose if you poll the sample not many 3 and 4 star recruits this class who aren't already playing and ready to contribute.we know already many frosh projected as the top picks AGAIN.
why it's hard for me to think of a cuse team where freshman didn't start or contribute. just thinking of our many frosh point guards alone i'd say the number is very very small .
more the exception than the rule. this team alone has tyus , marek and oshae who all played key roles as freshman. to say frosh aren't ready from a coach who plays so many seems absurd.

I thought that was great to hear. JB is on public record saying he wants Jalen to speed up when he can, and that it is something JB believes Jalen will be good at. And that Jalen is fast.

It bodes well for a faster pace in SU's future when Jalen is the main man.
I agree...I was very happy to hear this and hope this is the direction we go. We can’t run a half court offense, so we need to push tempo!!!

We shot the ball well, we scored more points than them, we won. And end of press conference.

In order to run and beat the other team down court we have to have turnovers and defensive rebounds..The Bonnies have butter fingers but they out-rebounded us. We are not going to run as much as we would like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom