JB's Presser after Va Tech | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Va Tech

JB was not happy about being asked the same question 3 times.

Was first q about Lydon or DC? Last about Howard?

It sounded like he said Lydon wasn't right from the beginning. Maybe I was hearing him wrong but Lydon didn't look like he was moving well from the start.

travel-tourism-rescue-rescuers-rescue_boats-rescue_ships-passing_ships-rrs0345_low.jpg

I have to admit, it was a bit comical what he said about Howard...That in the 2nd half I guess he tried to prove that he couldn't hit jump shots...and he did just that. :)
Classic

It may or may not be true that JB can ride Roberson incessantly because "he can take it" (though i'm in the camp that this is old fashioned and not the best method with today's players) but if there's one guy who I think CAN'T take it right now its Frank. He's spot on with the jumpshot comment (his second shot was an awful shot) but I wonder if berating Frank's lack of skill at that is the best option for him. If you're going to play the guy, trying to shatter the slim confidence he has left does not seem like the best approach if we are going to argue how you should handle every player different. That said, Frank is just not very good.

It may or may not be true that JB can ride Roberson incessantly because "he can take it" (though i'm in the camp that this is old fashioned and not the best method with today's players) but if there's one guy who I think CAN'T take it right now its Frank. He's spot on with the jumpshot comment (his second shot was an awful shot) but I wonder if berating Frank's lack of skill at that is the best option for him. If you're going to play the guy, trying to shatter the slim confidence he has left does not seem like the best approach if we are going to argue how you should handle every player different. That said, Frank is just not very good.
With Frank it isn't going to matter in a couple months.

With Frank it isn't going to matter in a couple months.

Like I said "if you're going to play him" it sure matters for this season unless you have given up all hope. I still have about 30% hope we will have a winning season and 10% hope we make the tourney based on how we looked the prior two games.

question : " hey jim how's the season going ?"
answer : "did you just walk in ?"

Last edited:
Roberson had 14 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes but JB still can't say anything good about him without saying something bad at the same time.
Mostly garbage time (and I'm a Robey fan). I'd bet he had 10-6 in the last 5 minutes

It sounded like he said Lydon wasn't right from the beginning. Maybe I was hearing him wrong but Lydon didn't look like he was moving well from the start.
No. He definitely hurt the foot/ankle on that baseline turnaround. Boeheim meant from that point on

Last edited:
Lol. Garbage time.
Yes when you're trying to come back from 25 down. Look it may have gotten down to 6-8 but that lead was never challenged. And his issues are sort of epitomized by the sequence. Where are you the other 35 mpg?

Yes when you're trying to come back from 25 down. Look it may have gotten down to 6-8 but that lead was never challenged. And his issues are sort of epitomized by the sequence. Where are you the other 35 mpg?

We were down 25?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom