JB's Presser after Virginia | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Virginia

The highlights were when he mocked Donna Ditota for asking if the team had gottne "disheartened", when he brought up St john's beating Duke today!(just typing that last part felt GOOD!). He seems to usually take it easy on her, but it felt good to see him stop being sexist and let her have it for such a question, same as he would with a male reporter.

Also was a cool answer with the Marek vs Moyer Minutes. I give JB 2 thumbs up for the presser, even if I didnt for the game.

The highlights were when he mocked Donna Ditota for asking if the team had gottne "disheartened", when he brought up St john's beating Duke today!(just typing that last part felt GOOD!). He seems to usually take it easy on her, but it felt good to see him stop being s e xist and let her have it for such a question, same as he would with a male reporter.

Also was a cool answer with the Marek vs Moyer Minutes. I give JB 2 thumbs up for the presser, even if I didnt for the game.
I certainly didn't take it as him mocking Dikota's question. More so just explaining his disagreement with the concept and providing examples.

The highlights were when he mocked Donna Ditota for asking if the team had gottne "disheartened", when he brought up St john's beating Duke today!(just typing that last part felt GOOD!). He seems to usually take it easy on her, but it felt good to see him stop being s e xist and let her have it for such a question, same as he would with a male reporter.

JB is often an ass in press conferences. Why would you cheer him treating any reporter like trash? They’re just doing their damn jobs. It’s disrespectful and it’s the one thing that has always bothered me about him. I don’t know why anyone cheers this nonsense.

JB is often an ass in press conferences. Why would you cheer him treating any reporter like trash? They’re just doing their damn jobs. It’s disrespectful and it’s the one thing that has always bothered me about him. I don’t know why anyone cheers this nonsense.
Have you ever watched the SU highlights show?? Any observation that Matt Park makes, JB Has TO CONTRADICT HIM. His attitude is horrendous.

Have you ever watched the SU highlights show?? Any observation that Matt Park makes, JB Has TO CONTRADICT HIM. His attitude is horrendous.
Most coaches are.

Most coaches are.
Not to his level. I actually feel bad for Matt Park. He is OUR play by play announcer. Yes, a homer when it comes to praising our players and team. He's not some random newspaper guy or an obnoxious person that warrants a bit of attitude from JB.

Yeah, honestly when did it become cool to be a D&$K? Seriously

Tough to beat the number 2 team in the country with 5 healthy players.

Coach K or any other top coach couldn't do a better job. Perhaps a win or two more.

We love ya Jimmy!

I thought the questions were good, (what could be heard of them). The answers simply revealed the level of frustration with the team. I agree that taking it out on the reporters was pointless. JB certainly doesn't contradict everything Matt Park s says on his show. he's a very different person there than at the podium after a tough loss.

I thought the questions were good, (what could be heard of them). The answers simply revealed the level of frustration with the team. I agree that taking it out on the reporters was pointless. JB certainly doesn't contradict everything Matt Park s says on his show. he's a very different person there than at the podium after a tough loss.
Loss wasnt very tough in fact pretty much effortless we are not good and jb is an old crotchety man

E0A531EC-9036-41DB-A8C7-FDB807E41281.jpeg

i believe the word is spird.
SPIRD : smartest person in the room disorder.

"It’s a baffling psychosomatic disorder, as being the smartest person in the room doesn’t mean that you’re actually the smartest person in the room. Only that you believe you are. It’s not so much about being smart as much as feeling you’re always right. Immune to the challenge of facts."
Probably the most deadly consequence of SPIRD is that it keeps us from admitting that we’ve made a mistake; a fear of letting anyone know we’re not perfect. Despite the trepidation of revealing you may not be so smart, SPIRD denies the carrier from becoming smarter. For it is in most any mistake, misstep or failure that we find an opportunity to learn."

true . but we likely (speculation) lose anyway sitting in the zone and using much less energy. play bayer even. a loss is a loss.

i believe the word is spird.
SPIRD : smartest person in the room disorder.

"It’s a baffling psychosomatic disorder, as being the smartest person in the room doesn’t mean that you’re actually the smartest person in the room. Only that you believe you are. It’s not so much about being smart as much as feeling you’re always right. Immune to the challenge of facts."
Probably the most deadly consequence of SPIRD is that it keeps us from admitting that we’ve made a mistake; a fear of letting anyone know we’re not perfect. Despite the trepidation of revealing you may not be so smart, SPIRD denies the carrier from becoming smarter. For it is in most any mistake, misstep or failure that we find an opportunity to learn."

So who is the SPIRD here? Boeheim? The reporter? You?

So who is the SPIRD here? Boeheim? The reporter? You?
well i'll at least let you finish the question. i like hearing opposing view points. not tolerate. like.

have you heard ? the spird is is the word...

Last edited:
When Jim berates others, players, media he reveals his insecurities. For all of his successes he will always be thin skinned.
How's the medical staff doing lately? Talk about revealing insecurities.

I liked the press conference, you have to admit some of the reporters ask the dumbest questions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom