JB's Presser after Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Virginia

Not going to watch the presser, no need. But has anyone checked on Townie? I'd be sure he'd be in the midst of this one by now.

Not going to watch the presser, no need. But has anyone checked on Townie? I'd be sure he'd be in the midst of this one by now.
JBs answers were fine other than him being a jerk to Donna. Being rude and condescending should never be applauded.

JBs answers were fine other than him being a jerk to Donna. Being rude and condescending should never be applauded.

I agree in that Boeheim doesn't need to take a condescending tone with reporters. I also don't like when he does this; it's unnecessary. However, I didn't really feel that way with Donna's question. First, she should know very well that he's going to shoot down that kind of question. What coach wouldn't? I like Donna for the most part although she can do better than asking him about his players possibly being disheartened.

Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t think that presser was bad at all. I didn’t see JB being rude or mean to anyone. A couple times there was dry humor and a mocking tone but more in a playful way versus outrage.

Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t think that presser was bad at all. I didn’t see JB being rude or mean to anyone. A couple times there was dry humor and a mocking tone but more in a playful way versus outrage.
Agreed

JB is often an ass in press conferences. Why would you cheer him treating any reporter like trash? They’re just doing their damn jobs. It’s disrespectful and it’s the one thing that has always bothered me about him. I don’t know why anyone cheers this nonsense.

Reporters, good and bad, have the ability to contort words and facts to fit narratives that garner attention. That's their job and I think JB doesn't appreciate that. Generally, great coaches across most sports are not cuddly with reporters and often distrust their intentions. Give a reporter a bone, and he or she might come back asking for more and more. No coach wants to answer tough questions, so a lot of them shutdown the opportunity from the jump. JB is more pointed when he does it, but he's not alone.

I watched the presser and he answered the question and I don't think he was rude at all. He answered the question that was asked about players being disheartened and said they can't think that way when you play at this level. It was a pretty obvious answer. I think this is a case of JB's reputation proceeding him if someone viewed that as rude and combative.

Couldn't agree more. He gave Donna a thorough, thoughtful, in-depth answer to her question, but people here see it as being a jerk, rude, condescending, being a dick, being an ass, thin skinned and now a spird. Some people here complain about posters who think JB can do no wrong. I'd guess there are just as many who think he can do no right.

What bothered me was the "Don't ask a question where you know the answer" comment. Asking if Marek might start the next game was a reasonable question and JB dissecting Moyers' box score and saying the question shouldn't even be asked struck me as rude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom