JB's Presser after Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Virginia

Virtually all our shots were physically contested. Our problem was the total lack of an inside game. Nobody gets out on shooter like the Cavs.

So the ten+ years they have played basketball in M2M and against M2M up until their arrival at SU have had no impact on them? And M2M is the only defense they have seen in any college game they have ever played in.
They arrive here with their minds a blank sheet?

No, you're right. AAU and high school defense is exactly the same as high level D1 defense. That's why Bennett doesn't spend any time teaching his kids how to play defense. Just naturally absorbed.

No, you're right. AAU and high school defense is exactly the same as high level D1 defense. That's why Bennett doesn't spend any time teaching his kids how to play defense. Just naturally absorbed.
The experience girard got when he was 8 is relevant to lord business

any new wrinkles coach? other than that crazy bunchy action you rocking in your shirts arms and shoulders ?
nice blouse.

not a fan of coach dodging tough games early and feasting only on sweets. test your mettle and learn where you need to improve. like shooting. selection committee can forgive early november losses to higher ranked teams. ok so we score a program low in points. other than UVA's defense is good...what did we learn ?

Last edited:
Thought that was a real good presser.

The game aside, just listening to the presser I suddenly felt like how a presser by the opposing coaches such as a Southern Illinois, Western Texas, Northern Iowa or Eastern Michigan sound like, those who we routinely dispatched during the beginning of the season by 20+. Now we are them facing Virginia the Goliath. Just the way the presser sounded.

The game aside, just listening to the presser I suddenly felt like how a presser by the opposing coaches such as a Southern Illinois, Western Texas, Northern Iowa or Eastern Michigan sound like, those who we routinely dispatched during the beginning of the season by 20+. Now we are them facing Virginia the Goliath. Just the way the presser sounded.

I remember the days when I had confidence that we would win each game. This happens is happening less and less. Now its win, coin flip or no chance. I hate feeling like that.

Ugh! Wasn't too long ago where a UVA would've looked at us like a Goliath. We should never consider/be looking at UVA as a Goliath of ours, but rather no more than a peer school in our conference. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom