JB's Presser after Wake | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Wake

He was clearly pissed about the call on Marek. He tried to avoid saying anything but the last question got him talking. I wish he didn't say anything. It doesn't help us. Raise these issues in the offseason conference meetings. Put together a "highlight" reel and force the conference officials to do something about it.

First time he didn't tuck his shirt in?

Ha, I hadn't even notice that.

In this presser, JB made a point to give praise to 3 participants he had been rather harsh on in past pressers: Goodine, Edwards, and the crowd(he was more scathing of them than the other 2 in an earlier presser).

Good mention Supp, about JB both teaching Marek about what not to do, but at the end saying how he really felt. I'm probably not as concerned as you though, and I find it refreshing when people speak the truth even when it is not politically correct. I think he spoke enough before that about how Marek can't do that, to deflect any heat you're concerned he may take for letting the truth slip out at the end.

Also, a decent example of a reporter doing their job and getting a person to add more substance than they previously had, in my opinion.

tldr summary: This presser was the cherry on top of the night for me. Felt good to hear JB giving that praise, and expressing how amazed he was for what that group at the end did.

I fully appreciate and understand his criticism of Quincy for the fouls, but it would have been nice to hear him give the kid some credit for a few good plays and rebounds he made. That's the way JB is and you just have to accept it.

Im usually with you on this type of deal with JB. But he’s right here. Q not just dropping a simple pass for a layup and ending up with a charge was unacceptable and game changing. He can’t do that

Im usually with you on this type of deal with JB. But he’s right here. Q not just dropping a simple pass for a layup and ending up with a charge was unacceptable and game changing. He can’t do that
Yes he can’t do that but does anyone think he’s not capable of making that pass? He probably got caught up in the adrenaline and did a nice job of pushing the ball there. Seems like the same constructive criticism could be easily made in film review the next day.

Yes he can’t do that but does anyone think he’s not capable of making that pass? He probably got caught up in the adrenaline and did a nice job of pushing the ball there. Seems like the same constructive criticism could be easily made in film review the next day.
It's basketball 101...he chose to he selfish to put his stats ahead of the team...if he is not completely ripped for it we will has 3 -4 guys making the wrong play for selfish reasons...

I agree with you on that, even though I'm not of strong opinion in either direction on this one example.

What I am thankful for is that this team is running fast breaks at all. Man, I have missed the days when fast breaks were common.

It's basketball 101...he chose to he selfish to put his stats ahead of the team...if he is not completely ripped for it we will has 3 -4 guys making the wrong play for selfish reasons...

Thought he should’ve gave it up early...like out near half court. Give it to the better ball handler and then get it back and finish. That’s always a good option.

Once he didn’t do that, he absolutely had to give it up later. He played that horribly.

The 2 on 1 break is the first thing you learn in basketball...

Certainly a fundamental. You got me thinking to back in the day, and I remembered a term I hadn't thought of in ages, the 3 man weave.

It was a no jacket, no tie game. And his shirt was tucked in when the game began.

So if he had had a jacket moment like against Duke, I wonder if he would have to pull a Superman/Hulk Hogan and rip the shirt off? Like Superman, he may have an a big S underneath, along with an U.

As the board's historian, do you know how roughly often he goes without the jacket? I kind of wanted to make a joke, but didn't know if it would be appropriate if this is more common than I thought,

So if he had had a jacket moment like against Duke, I wonder if he would have to pull a Superman/Hulk Hogan and rip the shirt off? Like Superman, he may have an a big S underneath, along with an U.

As the board's historian, do you know how roughly often he goes without the jacket? I kind of wanted to make a joke, but didn't know if it would be appropriate if this is more common than I thought,

2/18/84. Third Overtime in an 87-85 win over a mediocre, (pre-Calhoun) Connecticut team. We're trying to run the clock out when the pearl throws a 60 lead pass that winds up in the third row. JB tears off his jacket, throws it on the floor and jumps up and down on it. JB tears off his tie, throws it on the floor and jumps up and down on it. JB begins to remove his shirt but is stopped my his assistants in the nick of time. Nobody wanted to see that. Nobody.

I dub a game like that and tonight's a "Wardrobe Malfunction Game".

This thread caused me to wonder how the still shots are picked for youtube videos. JB kind of has the typical strained grimace, but it wasn't very representative of the overall tone relative to some other pressers which is what inspired the question, not that I think this one example is important.

Anyone know? I did a search but may not have used the proper words. I figured with this being such a large community that someone might know, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom