JB's Presser from SuAthletiics | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser from SuAthletiics

arbitragegls

All Conference
...comments were pleased with game. Interestingly, Scoop by name did not come up except for comment that Waiters got more minutes because guy in front of him did not play well.

JB was high on:
1. Triche...aggressive and good...what is expects...played outstanding
2. Waiters is very good...and defense is markedly better...that is why getting more PT
3. MCW played better...but still has lots to learn
6. Melo played 9 straight minutes...is looking good
7. M-M was better than previously...and will be used when right time
8. James S playing well
9. Cooney is red shirting...not because not a contributer but rather would be 5th guard and that is not what we need...will get more play action in practice against Waiters, Triche and Scoop then playiing in game 2-6 minutes

Everyone of top 10 is going to play...playing time determined by talent that night...will pull and place as needed...

Seemed funny that he did not mention Scoop by name

I love Scoop and he bleeds Orange, noone can question that. He is a good player, not great. Problem is, the other guards all can be great.

a really candid presser tonight from JB, you can tell he likes this team a lot.

Yeah, you can tell JB really seems to like what he has this year. Last year, he was chastising the press for talking about how deep we were, saying that it only seemed that way because no one on the team was stepping up, and how that team was probably the most overrated he'd ever had. This year, he's already talked about how he thinks this team has something special (can't remember the exact quote), and I think the fact that he joked around so much in the presser tonight is an indication that he feels pretty good about this year's team. I don't recall him cracking a single, lighthearted joke last year. He looked more like he was ready to shoot someone.

...touche...I am sure Scoop will be back strong...we got 3 really good guards and one with potential upside that may be greater than anyone--MCW. I thought the Triche combo with Dion worked well...hopefully we see that again.

I know it may just my own opinion but scoop has to be scoop. In other words, relaxed and playing his game without looking over his shoulder. He is going to make mistakes and the way he plays he would be a perfect 6th man and in a sense he may end up being one, only a guy that starts...semantics I suppose.

Everyone of top 10 is going to play...playing time determined by talent that night...will pull and place as needed...

Did JB say this or is this from you? Because I don't think JB has EVER played 10 during Big East play, though, if he were to start, it should be this year.

Did JB say this or is this from you? Because I don't think JB has EVER played 10 during Big East play, though, if he were to start, it should be this year.
He has in the past, the far past, the pre-probation lots of talent 1980's past.

Yes JB said this exactly. He said "Everyone of them will play. Some nights a certain guy may get lots of minutes if he's doing well, other nights he may not get as many." He did also say there may be some nights where a guy doesn't play at all depending on a number of factors. He specifically referenced Baye as not getting a big number of minutes tonight because Fab was playing well.

I know it is a small sample size so far this year, but I really think it will be Scoop riding the pine this year... It looks like we will not be able to keep Dion off the court, Triche (so far) is outplaying Scoop, and MWC has TUP (Tremendous Upside Potential).

I'd gamble that Waiters will at times put himself on the bench as well. Boeheim has 4 good guards and I'm sure he'll have a pretty short leash with all of them and go to the hot hands.

a really candid presser tonight from JB, you can tell he likes this team a lot.
you can almost tell in game that he is giddy in sub patterns trying out all the toys. at one point the announcers were talking about how he had made 30 substitutions. how many times has that happened here? probably 20 years ago.

you can almost tell in game that he is giddy in sub patterns trying out all the toys. at one point the announcers were talking about how he had made 30 substitutions. how many times has that happened here? probably 20 years ago.

I distinctly remember hearing that too. It was 30 substitutions in 35 minutes. Granted you always see more subs early in the season, but I thought those numbers were crazy. JB's demeanor is looking a lot like the '09-10 season when he resembled more of a stand-up comic than anything else during the pressers, so I have to believe that's a good sign for us. But then again, it's so much easier to like a team when they played the way we played last night. Hope to see more of that tonight!

I distinctly remember hearing that too. It was 30 substitutions in 35 minutes. Granted you always see more subs early in the season, but I thought those numbers were crazy. JB's demeanor is looking a lot like the '09-10 season when he resembled more of a stand-up comic than anything else during the pressers, so I have to believe that's a good sign for us. But then again, it's so much easier to like a team when they played the way we played last night. Hope to see more of that tonight!
even the 2010 team had moments when it didnt appear they were playing as hard as they could. last night was the first time in a long while where it looked like all 5 guys were in a competition to not let up a basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom