JB's short rotation | Syracusefan.com

JB's short rotation

Alsacs

Living Legend
Reading that Carlson article on Tucker tells me the short rotation hurts us.
If we won't recruit somebody because if Lydon comes back we won't have a use for Tucker the short rotation hurts us. If we can't recruit people because if they don't start they won't play that is just dumb.

I hate it. No matter if Lydon was coming back or not we should have recruited Tucker and built up depth.

If we won't recruit somebody because if Lydon comes back we won't have a use for Tucker the short rotation hurts us. If we can't recruit people because if they don't start they won't play that is just dumb.

I hate it. No matter if Lydon was coming back or not we should have recruited Tucker and built up depth.
Can't argue with your points. I hate the short rotation myself. That said, JB is gonna JB until he's no longer allowed to JB. ;)

Wait. Lyndon might come back?
No but the article basically inferred the only reason we got back involved with Tucker was Lydon declaring.

The fact is Tucker should have been a priority no matter what Lydon was doing.

The thing GMac said was playing would be available without Lydon so basically if Lydon came back there would be no minutes even though Lydon is a PF and Tucker would play SF for us.

No but the article basically inferred the only reason we got back involved with Tucker was Lydon declaring.

The fact is Tucker should have been a priority no matter what Lydon was doing.

The thing GMac said was playing would be available without Lydon so basically if Lydon came back there would be no minutes even though Lydon is a PF and Tucker would play SF for us.
Yeah, regardless of what Lydon decided to do, everyone knew White would be gone. I don't get that comment from GMac. And didn't everyone and their brother assume this was Lydon's last year? Didn't JB say as much during the preseason?

Yeah, regardless of what Lydon decided to do, everyone knew White would be gone. I don't get that comment from GMac. And didn't everyone and their brother assume this was Lydon's last year? Didn't JB say as much during the preseason?

This is turning into amature hour. I honestly wondering what Gmac is doing and saying with every single thing he says or does.

I agree about the rotation but did I read it wrong? I thought it was about minutes not about whether we could use him at all.

Here it is:

Tucker said he had a lengthy conversation with SU assistant coach Gerry McNamara to hash it all out.

"Gerry McNamara called me first and we talked for a long time about how it was," Tucker said. "i thought they just weren't interested in me anymore. But it was that they didn't have anything for me to do to produce for them. Everything was filled. Lydon was going to play over me."
McNamara explained SU's absence by explaining that before Lydon left the SU coaching staff believed it would be able to offer Tucker about 15 minutes of playing time a night. Syracuse knew that likely wouldn't be enough to draw a player of Tucker's caliber.

In hindsight, Tucker says he appreciated the honest approach.

"I'm happy they did that," Tucker said. "I'd rather have them tell me that than have me leaning toward them if I'm only going to play 15 minutes. I developed a good relationship with Gerry McNamara. ... He's been keeping it real with me. He's wanted me to come to Syracuse, even without a lot of minutes freshman year. All that's changed now."
Well, that's so freaking confusing. Already said above Tyler played mainly 4/5 for us. Tucker is a 3, right? Even in the scenario that Lydon comes back we can still use him. Imo, he's pretty much exactly the type of player we need in our system. And it seems the staff did a good job showing him how the offense runs through the 2 and 3.

Here it is:

Tucker said he had a lengthy conversation with SU assistant coach Gerry McNamara to hash it all out.

"Gerry McNamara called me first and we talked for a long time about how it was," Tucker said. "i thought they just weren't interested in me anymore. But it was that they didn't have anything for me to do to produce for them. Everything was filled. Lydon was going to play over me."
McNamara explained SU's absence by explaining that before Lydon left the SU coaching staff believed it would be able to offer Tucker about 15 minutes of playing time a night. Syracuse knew that likely wouldn't be enough to draw a player of Tucker's caliber.

In hindsight, Tucker says he appreciated the honest approach.

"I'm happy they did that," Tucker said. "I'd rather have them tell me that than have me leaning toward them if I'm only going to play 15 minutes. I developed a good relationship with Gerry McNamara. ... He's been keeping it real with me. He's wanted me to come to Syracuse, even without a lot of minutes freshman year. All that's changed now."
Well, that's so freaking confusing. Already said above Tyler played mainly 4/5 for us. Tucker is a 3, right? Even in the scenario that Lydon comes back we can still use him. Imo, he's pretty much exactly the type of player we need in our system. And it seems the staff did a good job showing him how the offense runs through the 2 and 3.

If this doesn't concern people about our roster construction then I don't know what will. This is either comical or disturbing.

If this doesn't concern people about our roster construction then I don't know what will. This is either comical or disturbing.
Isn't it pretty obvious that g-mac is lying to the kid. After his visit, we soured on him. It had nothing to do with how many minutes we were going to give him. Then, Hop left. And Jb wanted the kid. Change of direction. But we needed a story to tell the kid why we weren't in contact with him for months. This was it.

Isn't it pretty obvious that g-mac is lying to the kid. After his visit, we soured on him. It had nothing to do with how many minutes we were going to give him. Then, Hop left. And Jb wanted the kid. Change of direction. But we needed a story to tell the kid why we weren't in contact with him for months. This was it.
I hope your right as atleast this would make me feel better we aren't as stupid as that article makes us appear to be.

This all tells me the staff has confidence in Moyer and Brisset being able to handle the 3 in limited minutes. That's the only way this all would make sense.

Yeah this is my take as well. Those quotes are simply scuttlebutt and gibberish. They aren't going to publicly embarrass Tucker and/or another player on the current roster. It's still a bit awkward, ha.

I hope you are right because the alternative is G-Mac is a complete fool.

Playing 15 minutes means the starter gets 25. That's not a short rotation. TT got less than 18 nd was a starter for the ACC schedule. 15 is a lot for a freshman that doesn't start. So basically GMac was telling him he wasn't going to start.

This all tells me the staff has confidence in Moyer and Brisset being able to handle the 3 in limited minutes. That's the only way this all would make sense.
How does it tell you that. We have no 3 if G-Mac is telling the truth it would mean they see Lydon as a 3 which I pray to god isn't possible.

So are you saying JB was letting Hop call the shots with one year left? That would be the only explanation for the shift after he left.

You guys with the anti-staff bent are complete dunces. You really can't read that and combine it with the stories here about the first campus visit and understand what is happening there? Are you that blinded by hatred for GMac and JB that you can't read between the lines or are you just that ignorant?

You guys with the anti-staff bent are complete dunces. You really can't read that and combine it with the stories here about the first campus visit and understand what is happening there? Are you that blinded by hatred for GMac and JB that you can't read between the lines or are you just that ignorant?

I know about the drinking incident.
I also know we recruited nobody else who was a SF and we needed a SF no matter what for next year as White was a SF.
Brissett is not a natural SF. Moyer isn't either.

That article makes our excuse for not recruiting Tucker look like they are dunces. We told the kid he wouldn't play if Lydon was back when we had a hole at SF and Lydon was a PF/C for us.

The simple thing to tell the kid was Hopkins was in charge and had other targets, JB felt the kid was special and wanted him more. No more Hop in charge of recruiting we go all in for the kid. Instead our staff comes up a terrible lie for anyone with a brain to decipher and that makes people anti-staff?

How about the staff get together and actually come up with a believeable lie.

Lydon had nothing to do with Tucker and even if Lydon came back we need bodies. If Tucker goes to Ga. Tech we won't have 11 scholarship players without multiple grad transfers.

It's called putting a positive spin on something.

I'm a bona fide GMac hater here, and I think what others have said about the situation makes sense, however... my confidence in GMac is not high and so when I hear questionable things my first response isn't necessarily to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't see a lot of track record supporting GMac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom