JB's short rotation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's short rotation

Keep in mind this is all being quoted by a 17 year-old kid. Not exactly the same as having it all on tape.

Keep in mind this is all being quoted by a 17 year-old kid. Not exactly the same as having it all on tape.

Have you ever played the game "Whisper Down the Lane"?

The first person tells the next person a story. And that second person tells a third. At the end of the line the last person tells everyone what they heard.

The usual result is that this recitation by the last person has little in common with the original story.

Throw a few people into the mix with biases and there's no chance what you are hearing is what was originally said.

If Carlson isn't an idiot he had a little recorder or used his phone to record like every reporter today does. So they get the quotes exactly.
This isn't a telephone game conservation. Tucker said we stopped recruiting him because Syracuse couldn't give him playing time. With the excuse being Lydon coming back and Lydon leaving opened up minutes.

Tucker had a bad moment on campus last year. That may have soured the staff fine. However JB made the decision to get back involved with the kid. If we are going to lie atleast give a believable lie. The obvious easy lie was Hop was in charge of recruiting as HCIW and when he left we changed interests.

Easy lie and there is nothing more.

If Carlson isn't an idiot he had a little recorder or used his phone like every reporter today does. So they get the quotes exactly.

I wasn't referring to the relay between Tucker and Carlson, or between Carlson and his readers, but rather to the potential for Tucker to misunderstand, misquote, or otherwise miscommunicate, no matter how slightly, exactly what was said to him.

So some of you would rather have a quote referring to the problem Tucker had while he was on campus? Even if we wanted to get back in the game with him that sure wouldn't have helped make him feel good or made SU fans anxious to have him.

There are times when the politically correct transparency flag shouldn't be waving.

So some of you would rather have a quote referring to the problem Tucker had while he was on campus? Even if we wanted to get back in the game with him that sure wouldn't have helped make him feel good or made SU fans anxious to have him.

There are times when the politically correct transparency flag shouldn't be waving.
Not sure if your talking to me. I know exactly what happened with Tucker.
That is beside the point. This whole thing for me has been why the basketball staff can't lie in a manner where the lie is believable and doesn't make the staff look dumb.

That is beside the point. This whole thing for me has been why the basketball staff can't lie in a manner where the lie is believable and doesn't make the staff look dumb.
Who cares what the lie looks like as long as it works?

It doesn't make them look dumb. 99% of people who matter wouldn't even question this. Who really knows how the staff may have chosen to play its roster next season if Lydon were back. You don't, I don't and the staff probably isn't even sure because they would likely be replacing a starter's spot and minutes with someone who isn't even on the roster right now. We can guess at how that would have shaken out all we want, but until the final roster is put together and the chemistry has started to shake out we don't really know and either does the staff. Look no further than FH and JG this season.

Who cares what the lie looks like as long as it works?
Who cares is subjective.
Every point have I made in this thread is legit. You can disagree which you have.

It doesn't make them look dumb. 99% of people who matter wouldn't even question this. Who really knows how the staff may have chosen to play its roster next season if Lydon were back. You don't, I don't and the staff probably isn't even sure because they would likely be replacing a starter's spot and minutes with someone who isn't even on the roster right now. We can guess at how that would have shaken out all we want, but until the final roster is put together and the chemistry has started to shake out we don't really know and either does the staff. Look no further than FH and JG this season.
So basically you are going to argue its conceivable Lydon would have played SF.
If you are going down this road then the staff can do no wrong and we fans can't have opinions.

I think it is much ado about nothing. We had to give him a reason why we disappeared for 6 months. We did. He accepts the reason. That is all that matters.

It's even more simple than that. It is a cover story so the kid wouldn't be embarrassed. Hell for all we know he made it up himself. But even if he didn't , we should have. Anyone that thinks Gerry sucks: how bad would he suck if he couldn't figure out a way to not publicly embarrass recruits we are going after. This uproar is so telling of the primitive thinking of many of you.

It's even more simple than that. It is a cover story so the kid wouldn't be embarrassed. Hell for all we know he made it up himself. But even if he didn't , we should have. Anyone that thinks Gerry sucks: how bad would he suck if he couldn't figure out a way to not publicly embarrass recruits we are going after. This uproar is so telling of the primitive thinking of many of you.
See you are saying it's a cover story. That is an opinion it's not a fact.
The "uproar" from my OP was what was said makes no sense or the short rotation really hampers how we can recruit for our bench.

GMac wasn't the target at all. It was JB's rotation and the awful story that is being spun. The simple reason we stopped recruiting Tucker was what happened on campus and whomever was in charge of recruiting either MH or JB didn't prioritize him after that.
This isn't about GMac one iota except the lie we told him should be more plausible.

See you are saying it's a cover story. That is an opinion it's not a fact.
The "uproar" from my OP was what was said makes no sense or the short rotation really hampers how we can recruit for our bench.

GMac wasn't the target at all. It was JB's rotation and the awful story that is being spun. The simple reason we stopped recruiting Tucker was what happened on campus and whomever was in charge of recruiting either MH or JB didn't prioritize him after that.
This isn't about GMac one iota except the lie we told him should be more plausible.
That is just it. The lie doesn't have to be more plausible because the one person the lie was intended for, believed it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Who have we been recruiting to fill that spot instead of Tucker before we got back in with him?

Reading this makes me think that our staff has been beyond dysfunctional. JB needs put on his Batman cape and tell Robin to wax and shine the batmobile. Time for our caped crusader to step up his game.

This uproar is so telling of the primitive thinking of many of you.

primitive-thinking.jpg

I think it is much ado about nothing. We had to give him a reason why we disappeared for 6 months. We did. He accepts the reason. That is all that matters.

jb visited the kid personally in Georgia. say the real reason was some bad incident on campus, is it helpful to publish that in the paper. or is the smarter thing to do is have a conversation with the kid, hash it out, set the expectations going forward, and then all agree on a story as to why we stopped recruiting him but suddenly are back in the game?

jb visited the kid personally in Georgia. say the real reason was some bad incident on campus, is it helpful to publish that in the paper. or is the smarter thing to do is have a conversation with the kid, hash it out, set the expectations going forward, and then all agree on a story as to why we stopped recruiting him but suddenly are back in the game?
Most rational post I've read in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom