Jeff Goodman | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Goodman

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Picks SU to win the BET.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Just saw this. Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it, but what in the world did he base this on?

This year I think it's personal for Boeheim. I forget the article, but he said something to the effect of "Nobody remembers the regular season champ. All that matters is the tournament."

More than ever it seems like he wants to win this thing. Hopefully we see this translated into our players and, in turn, our play.

For this reason, I too think we will do very well.

This year I think it's personal for Boeheim. I forget the article, but he said something to the effect of "Nobody remembers the regular season champ. All that matters is the tournament."

More than ever it seems like he wants to win this thing. Hopefully we see this translated into our players and, in turn, our play.

For this reason, I too think we will do very well.

I am an optimist, but the words of JB will probably not be enough to help this team snap out of this funk. If it is, maybe he should have worked the magic weeks ago.

Picks SU to win the BET.

Sent using my Commodore 64
And he gets paid to predict these things, huh? I can usually find the silver lining when its there but it just seems like were up against the worst combination ... Pitt, Gtown, Louisville. Win a couple and get ready for the dance. Not sure I want to see G'town tho ... may dash any good feelings we develop against SH and Pitt. I do think Marquette is due for an early exit.

This prediction proves that Jeff has been eating off of lead plates.
If he is wrong. it will be forgotten immediately.
If he is right, he will be proclaimed an oracle.

The fan base needs a confidence boost just as much as Brandon Triche does.

Should tell you all you need to know about Jeff Goodman.

And he gets paid to predict these things, huh? I can usually find the silver lining when its there but it just seems like were up against the worst combination ... Pitt, Gtown, Louisville. Win a couple and get ready for the dance. Not sure I want to see G'town tho ... may dash any good feelings we develop against SH and Pitt. I do think Marquette is due for an early exit.
I think the last time we lost 3 to Georgetown in one season was 1986 -1987. Just saying!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I take it Jeff hasn't seen the 'Cuse play lately. Would be nice though.

i noticed that comment too... which is so odd to me, because usually Boeheim is talking about the BET isn't the 1 that matters. like every year.

I hope he lights a fire under these guys and they start playing with some urgency. It wouldnt shock me if we got hot, but it wouldn't shock me if we continue to play uninspiring basketball either.

making a somewhat off the wall pick to win a conf tournament is probably a great idea as a talking head. By the time the tournaments are over, it's selection sunday and everyone is talking about the big dance anway

This is not an insane prediction. Some of Syracuse's worst teams do well in the BET. Don't forget in 2006 we got drubbed by 30+ by freaking DePaul about 10 days prior to winning the BET. We've had a team win the damn thing and not get an NCAA bid, etc. We won back to back in 2005 and 2006 and got ousted in the first round of the NCAA by double digit seeds both times. Conversely, our best teams never win the BET, ever.

Combine those facts with this one: SU has been in almost 50% of all BET finals. I think we are 14 for 34 in getting to the finals.

Oh and PS:

If you look at Mike Water's mailbag today, you will see that only four Syracuse teams in history have shot a lower percentage than this year's team. 2 of those 4 won the BET.

Oh and PS:

If you look at Mike Water's mailbag today, you will see that only four Syracuse teams in history have shot a lower percentage than this year's team. 2 of those 4 won the BET.
Huh. That's interesting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom