Jeff Nixon - Impressef | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Nixon - Impressef

We didn't mind it in 2018, or fear it's time passed heading into 2019.

:shrugs:
It really wasn’t our offense in 2018 and it definitely wasn’t in 2019.

It really wasn’t our offense in 2018 and it definitely wasn’t in 2019.
Sure it was in 2018, 2nd most plays per game In the country. You don’t do that running at a normal pace. More than 2012, 16 or 17.

Sure it was in 2018, 2nd most plays per game In the country. You don’t do that running at a normal pace. More than 2012, 16 or 17.
Fair enough. Mea culpa

Only thing I didn't really like was the play calling when we were up two TD's with 10 minutes to go. We went three and out, all passes. I can see the argument for staying aggressive, but I would have liked to run a bit and eat some clock.

Installed a Pro Style offense after 11 years of very college style systems.

Great use of personal packages, throwing to all areas of the field, I think offensive penalties was one iffy hold, one sack on 43 called passes, one other negative play, loved the play action.

The use of the running backs in the pass game was awesome.

That delay route in the middle to Allen is a James Cook staple. Nixon on the arrow route was solid. He looked solid.
1000% Agree. I thought that he did an amazing job. I expect this O to win some shoot outs this year as unfortunately I think we are going to have to. My only suggestion is never run an option with Kyle as nobody is going to expect him to keep the ball and we can't afford to have him tagged doing it. I thought the play call at the goal line was brilliant and I thought Kyles QB sneak was as well.

Two of the better plays are the last two in this set,

1, PA boot, with the run action going left and OG coming left to right

2. OG starts in motion right to left and McCord follows him running left and an easy pitch and catch.

Another great one was the Pena play on a drag route left to right and underneath a 3 wide clear out to that side.

Love it

some nice play design.

Also we have some big issues with pass blocking when we face better DLs

the first read wont always be open and we had multiple misses even on these plays that worked.

Scheme. I was most impressed with how he read the defense, and ran designed schemes to create a mismatch for our guys to get open, especially on 3rd downs. His college and NFL experience shows. Haven't seen this at all since since Sean Lewis left

If there anybody I think is going to qualify as “pay this man his monies”, it’s going to be Nixon

I’m agnostic on Robinson at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom