Jeff Stoudtland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Stoudtland

Andy Reid, Vince Lombardi, Doug Marrone - all OL coaches - never had HC experience before they were hired.

I really think he's the guy.
So was Tony Sparano. All o-line coaches aren't home runs. Just sayin!

Whipple was my choice once or twice before. I just think he's been out of the college loop too long now.

Whipple was my choice once or twice before. I just think he's been out of the college loop too long now.
He was with the Canes from 2009-2010 as their OC

Andy Reid, Vince Lombardi, Doug Marrone - all OL coaches - never had HC experience before they were hired.

I really think he's the guy.

Drew, Marrone was at least an NFL OC, even if in name only. Lombardi, ancient history, and I have no idea if Reid had a job between OL and HC.

99% of BCS HC's come from: BCS or NFL coordinators, mid major HC's or internal hires. That's it, that's the list.

At a certain point you have to trust other peoples judgment. Same with Kevin.

FWIW, Kirby Smart is the assistant HC at Alabama, is the highest paid assistant on Sabin's staff, and was just named the 2012 AFCA FBS Assistant Coach of the Year.

This is not meant as an indictment of Stoutland, just a statement of fact.
second that. not saying stoutland isn't/wouldn't be great. i think it is very very highly known that smart is the best assistant.

So was Tony Sparano. All o-line coaches aren't home runs. Just sayin!

Tony Soprano had some very nice moments at Miami - especially his first year.

But yes not all OL coaches make great HCs.

But many great HCs were OL - including Chuck Noll.

would they take pay cuts and the drastic change in scenery;)

I have given it all weekend. It's out there if you read the board. But to save ya time (not in any special order)

Mark Whipple
Manny Diaz
Mario Cristobal
Hackett or Schafer

Sorry but I don't read you all the time.

Only Hackett and Shafer are appealing - because they are part of the program.

Whatever.

You know who I'm talking about.
I do. Just thought it was funny, because I have called him myself that due to the similarities.

Sporano was a horrible coach. He made horrible in game decisions and did not adjust to what teams would give him during the game. I know this from being a dolphins fan and playing against Sporano when he was at the University of New haven. His first year in mia had more to do with chad pennington and weak schedule than him

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sporano was a horrible coach. He made horrible in game decisions and did not adjust to what teams would give him during the game. I know this from being a dolphins fan and playing against Sporano when he was at the University of New haven. His first year in mia had more to do with chad pennington and weak schedule than him

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah he was terrible in Miami. Anyone who thinks he had "good moments" doesn't watch much NFL football

Yeah he was terrible in Miami. Anyone who thinks he had "good moments" doesn't watch much NFL football

Well, apparently Bill Parcells thought much of him - he hired Tony as the HC at Miami.

He was 11-5 his first year in Miami and won the AFC East - he incorporated the Wild Cat that year - a move that was uniformly copied after that.

I know that an insightful football aficionado like you is not easily impressed, but I think that would qualify as a good moment.

Well, apparently Bill Parcells thought much of him - he hired Tony as the HC at Miami.

He was 11-5 his first year in Miami and won the AFC East - he incorporated the Wild Cat that year - a move that was uniformly copied after that.

I know that an insightful football aficionado like you is not easily impressed, but I think that would qualify as a good moment.
1) Sparano didn't begin the wildcat. David Lee who was the QB coach for the Dolphins who started the wild cat at Arkansas with McFadden suggested using it after the Fins got killed in their first 2 games and looked beyond awful on offense.

2) Parcells hasn't won anything since the 90's...and his legacy hasn't been great since then. And he quit on Sparano mid-way through Tony's losing years.

3) You can't ignore Sprano's losing years in Miami and there were a lot of them!

This is his bio from Wiki - impressive -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Stoutland

Jeff Stoutland is the offensive line coach for the University of Alabama. He served as the interim head football coach for the University of Miami in 2010.
[edit]​
Playing career

Stoutland was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at inside linebacker for head coach Kevin Gilbride at Southern Connecticut State, where he earned Little All-America honors as a senior while acting as team captain. He graduated in 1984 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education.[1]
[edit]​
Coaching career

Stoutland begin his coaching career at his alma mater, Southern Connecticut State, and coached inside linebackers for two seasons.[1] He then served as a graduate assistant for Dick MacPherson for two years at Syracuse. He then returned to Southern Connecticut where he served as offensive coordinator until 1992. Stoutland then coached the offensive line at Cornell and Syracuse, before moving to Michigan State from 2000 until 2006. During his tenure at Michigan State, Stoutland helped develop six All-Big Tenselections, and led the Big Ten in fewest sacks allowed.[1]
Stoutland spent the four seasons at Miami as the offensive line coach. In 2010, the Hurricanes led the ACC in total offense and were third in rushing. On November 28, 2010, after Miami's head coach Randy Shannon was fired, Soutland was named interim head coach for the team's bowl game.[2] Miami lost 33-17 to Notre Dame in Stoutland's only game as coach.[3]
On January 14, 2011, Stoutland was named Alabama's offensive line coach, after Joe Pendry retired.[4]

We need to collectively raise our eyes, Stoutland, Warner, Rogers, Whipple, all haven't gotten HC jobs until now, and it's not like they haven't been looking, hell they aren't OC's right now.

There are mulitple guys the fit the profile, and if there are guys outside that are hiPot, go look. But there is NO NEED TO SETTLE.

1) Sparano didn't begin the wildcat. David Lee who was the QB coach for the Dolphins who started the wild cat at Arkansas with McFadden suggested using it after the Fins got killed in their first 2 games and looked beyond awful on offense.

2) Parcells hasn't won anything since the 90's...and his legacy hasn't been great since then. And he quit on Sparano mid-way through Tony's losing years.

3) You can't ignore Sprano's losing years in Miami and there were a lot of them!

My goodness you are difficult.

Yes, Sparano hired David Lee as his QB coach - it was Lee's idea to incorporate the wildcat and Sparano was the HC who approved it.

Stop it with the Parcells nonsense.

I'm done with you tonight. Good bye.

Stop it with the Parcells nonsense.

You want to Defend Bill Parcells resume the past 15 years? Since 1996 he has done NOTHING in the NFL! Failed in Dallas and failed putting anything together in Miami.

He drafted Pat White in Rd 2. NUFF SAID!

Depends on how much SU is willing to pay. They might have to settle lets be honest!

Depends upon season ticket sales I guess, right??

Sorry Stern I just had to give it to you before turning in.

Depends on how much SU is willing to pay. They might have to settle lets be honest!

There is NO reason SU should SETTLE on a position coach. If the guy is a Chip Kelly no , no miss, that's one thing, otherwise, let other's do the vetting and go for the cream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom