Jeff Tambroni and his bumpy quest to get Penn State lacrosse to No. 1 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Tambroni and his bumpy quest to get Penn State lacrosse to No. 1

Such an easy guy to root for...

But Ped State?!?! Ugh

I doubt he will but I wish he'd leave for another program so I wouldn't feel so conflicted (dirty) cheering his success.

Im sure Tambroni 's a good innovative coach but he draws from a real talent pool in Pa as Carcertera noted. Still impressive that he has retained many of the best from local preps. Location allows some tentacles into Maryland but somewhat surprised that he has not extended beyond the south in NJ as Villanova has. Bothers to know OKeefe was recruited out of LI along with a few others as dont see PSU having many inherent advantages over Cuse as some competitors have

The D1 talent pool in Pennsylvania is not deep across the entire state. It is extremely well concentrated in the broad Philadelphia area. Not saying there aren’t individual D1 kids from different areas, but the deepest pool is in the southeast corner of the state.

As for inherent advantages, I simply ask have you been to State College and the PSU campus? Incredible place to spend four years. PSU also has some tremendous academic programs that Syracuse does not. Engineering comes to mind first. It’s also cheaper. And Tambroni may just be a better recruiter.

Last edited:
Good info Naz. I have not been on PSU campus other than a disastrous summer camping trip years ago with ex. Checked tuitions, PSU 18k cheaper for out of staters 33 for in state so that is certainly an advantage . Never associated PSU academics as superior, over twice the size so I assume more majors offered. Knew both happy grads and those who transferred out because they didn't.

Perhaps Ive only watched the PA powers but their play was good and players such as Ament, Aiken, Sowers, Moore are some of the alphas from Pa. that Cuse fans hope for. Mentioned this before but not one single attack or mid from CNY listed on any of the IL AA teams while Maryland, LI , PA have several.
PSU obviously has lines into local preps that are normally amongst hs top 25

Outstanding coach and even better person. Wouldn’t be surprised if in 2-3 years he’s considered by some the best current coach in the sport (Ament/Okeefe/arceri only juniors, top 10 recruit coming, ect)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom