Jeopardy | Syracusefan.com

Jeopardy

obliterata

always in chronological order
I don't know if anyone watches the game show Jeopardy but one of the greatest players of all-time is on right now, he's obliterating his competition almost every night.

His name is Matt Jackson and he's in fourth place in both all-time regular season wins (13) and regular season winnings ($411,612). Tonight he should move into second place in winnings and if he wins 8 more times he'll move into second in wins too. Only the legendary Ken Jennings will be ahead of him in both categories (74, $2,520,700).

obliterata said:
I don't know if anyone watches the game show Jeopardy but one of the greatest players of all-time is on right now, he's obliterating his competition almost every night. His name is Matt Jackson and he's in fourth place in both all-time regular season wins (13) and regular season winnings ($411,612). Tonight he should move into second place in winnings and if he wins 8 more times he'll move into second in wins too. Only the legendary Ken Jennings will be ahead of him in both categories (74, $2,520,700).
Been following, he really is unreal

Throw out the records, this guy was the GOAT:

JEOPARDY+SUCK+IT.gif

He was a great player, won a TOC one year which I don't think Ken Jennings ever did but the GOAT has to be Brad Rutter who has never lost a Jeopardy game. I think he beat Jennings head-to-head at least twice.

Last edited:
Well, what can I say. I make a thread about him and he goes out and loses, I guess I jinxed him. He's still one of the best ever, fourth place all-time (not counting tournaments) is pretty darn good.

When: 1) you're in the lead entering Final Jeopardy, 2) the person in second place has more than 75% of your total, 3) this person knows how to wager correctly, and 4) the person in third has less than 50% of the second place person then there's a good chance you'll lose. Given this scenario the second and third place persons' answers (in the form of a question of course) are totally irrelevant, all that matters is your answer (question) and all the person in second place wants is a really tough question (in the form of an answer of course, given by Alex) - so tough that you don't get it right.

And that's what happened...

its kinda of a flaw in the system that you can win by not answering the final question right. you are forced to bet a certain amount if you are in first in case everyone gets it right but you are screwed if everyone gets it wrong and you get all sorts of issues if 1-2 get it wrong.

We recently had an ACC alumni trivia challenge here in Nashville. It ended up being just my girlfriend (a USC alumni) and myself representing Syracuse so they paired us up with a Notre Dame couple. Of course we both dislike Notre Dame but we put our differences aside. It worked out well; the girl that went to Notre Dame (http://my.nd.edu/s/1210/myND/interior-2col.aspx?pgid=21841&gid=1&cid=36777) had previously won 4 consecutive days on Jeopardy, we ended up getting 29 out 30 questions. I'll use we loosely because she provided about 25 of those answers. Ha. Good times and probably the only time Syracuse and Notre Dame will work together to win the ACC.

He was a great player, won a TOC one year which I don't think Ken Jennings ever did but the GOAT has to be Brad Rutter who has never lost a Jeopardy game. I think he beat Jennings head-to-head at least twice.

How the hell would anyone know the answer to that question?

Last edited:
How the hell would anyone know the answer to that question?

Don't ask me, I certainly didn't. Those 3 guys are the best of the best, I'm actually surprised one of them missed it.

its kinda of a flaw in the system that you can win by not answering the final question right. you are forced to bet a certain amount if you are in first in case everyone gets it right but you are screwed if everyone gets it wrong and you get all sorts of issues if 1-2 get it wrong.

I know what you're saying but I'm OK with it. Of course, the leader could wager just a little bit or nothing and hope the person in second gets it wrong but I don't like that strategy. When you're in the lead you want to bet so that if you're right, you can't lose. Ultimately, Mr. Jackson had his chance to win the game and blew it.

He should do well in the upcoming Tournament Of Champions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom