Jerami Grant: 7'3" wing, 8"11' reach, 3.75% body fat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: 7'3" wing, 8"11' reach, 3.75% body fat

pre_draft_6_3_21.jpg

Jerami at Suns workout

What I learned is LaQuinton Ross by himself has more fat than Grant, Fair, and Ennis combined.

Jerami Grant – Another swingman, Jerami went to Syracuse and is the son of former NBA player Harvey Grant. Jerami’s body appears to have more growth in it, as he’s still young and slender. He’s got some talent, but no range on his jump shot, which is a major buzzkill for his position. If we draft this fellow, he’ll need 2 seasons in the D-League before he’s heard from. Choosing him requires a leap of faith.

Those are the likely choices remaining when the clock starts ticking on Masai’s choice. For my money, we need size, and someone who can help out right away. I think that’s Payne.
http://raptorsrapture.com/2014/06/04/twentieth-pick-toronto-raptors-select/

Jerami Grant – Another swingman, Jerami went to Syracuse and is the son of former NBA player Harvey Grant. Jerami’s body appears to have more growth in it, as he’s still young and slender. He’s got some talent, but no range on his jump shot, which is a major buzzkill for his position. If we draft this fellow, he’ll need 2 seasons in the D-League before he’s heard from. Choosing him requires a leap of faith.

Those are the likely choices remaining when the clock starts ticking on Masai’s choice. For my money, we need size, and someone who can help out right away. I think that’s Payne.
http://raptorsrapture.com/2014/06/04/twentieth-pick-toronto-raptors-select/

This.

Grant's by no means an NBA lock with huge potential unless he develops a jumper and a handle.

This.

Grant's by no means an NBA lock with huge potential unless he develops a jumper and a handle.

Or gets strong enough to play PF.

But yeah, he's going to need to develop one of those two things. I don't agree on him being a 2 year D-League player before he can contribute to an NBA team though. If he can play perimeter defense, I think he can contribute as a rookie with his motor, athleticism, and potential defense.

Things like arm-span and reach should be part of the roster stats. Height isn't important unless you are going to block shots with your head.

I just tested my own reach. I can barely touch the ceiling of my living room. I measured it. 89 inches. 7 feet 5. I'm 70 inches tall (5-10) with a 76 inch armspan (6-4).

Jeremy could reach from living room up into my bedroom, if there was a hole there. Creepy. :oops:

Things like arm-span and reach should be part of the roster stats. Height isn't important unless you are going to block shots with your head.

I just tested my own reach. I can barely touch the ceiling of my living room. I measured it. 89 inches. 7 feet 5. I'm 70 inches tall (5-10) with a 76 inch armspan (6-4).

Jeremy could reach from living room up into my bedroom, if there was a hole there. Creepy. :oops:
Intangibles.