Jerami grant makes cut under 19 USA team | Syracusefan.com

Jerami grant makes cut under 19 USA team

Selected as a USA U19 finalist were Ryan Arcidiacono (Villanova University/Langhorne, Pa.); Damyean Dotson (University of Oregon/Houston, Texas); Michael Frazier (University of Florida/Tampa, Fla.); Marcus Georges-Hunt (Georgia Tech/College Park, Ga.); Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty H.S./San Jose, Calif.); Jerami Grant (Syracuse University/Bowie, Md.); Montrezl Harrell (University of Louisville/Tarboro, N.C.); Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young H.S./Chicago, Ill.); Elfrid Payton (University of Louisiana at Lafayette/Gretna, La.); James Robinson (University of Pittsburgh/Mitchellville, Md.); Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State University/Flower Mound, Texas); Jarnell Stokes (University of Tennessee/Memphis, Tenn.); Rasheed Sulaimon (Duke University/Houston, Texas); Mike Tobey (University of Virginia/Monroe, N.Y.); Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep/Happy Valley, Ore.); and Justise Winslow (St. Johns H.S./Houston, Texas).

Billy Donovan is coaching and they intend to trim down to 12 guys. Just looking at the roster, I would be surprised if JG isn't one of the final 12.

U 19 Article

Not that this is necessarily a factor, but how is JB's relationship with Donovan? Feels like if it's a good one, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, that might help Jerami. The fact that he's from such a well respected basketball family can't hurt, either (along with his substantial talent, obviously).

Not that this is necessarily a factor, but how is JB's relationship with Donovan? Feels like if it's a good one, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, that might help Jerami. The fact that he's from such a well respected basketball family can't hurt, either (along with his substantial talent, obviously).

JB has involvement in all of the USA youth bball activities and has a big part in selecting coaches and the players who receive invites. Donovan wouldn't be there without JB's blessing.

Maybe more importantly:

"
Ten finalists possess prior USA Basketball experience.
Six players, Grant, Harrell, Robinson, Smart, Stokes and Sulaimon were all part of the 2012 USA U18 National Team that won gold at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship and qualified the United States for the FIBA U19 World Championship. Okafor and Winslow were members of the 2012 USA U17 World Championship Team that collected gold, and Okafor was selected the tournament MVP and was joined on the FIBA U17 World Championship All-Tournament Team by Winslow. Gordon and Okafor were members of the 2011 USA U16 FIBA Americas gold-medalist team; Gordon was also a member of the 2013 USA Junior National Select Team that participated in the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit, and Robinson and Sulaimon played for the USA in the 2012 Nike Hoop Summit. Arcidiacono boasts of USA Basketball experience that came from participating in last year’s U18 National Team training camp, while Gordon, Okafor and Winslow were members of USA Basketball’s 2011-12 Developmental National Team.
The list of finalists features two rising college juniors, 10 rising sophomores, two graduating high school seniors and two rising high school seniors.
The USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team Committee is responsible for player selections for the USA U19 World Championship Team. In addition to chair and NCAA representative Jim Boeheim, (head coach, Syracuse University), the committee features four additional voting members: NCAA appointees Bob McKillop (head coach, Davidson College), Matt Painter (head coach, Purdue University) and Lorenzo Romar (head coach, University of Washington), as well as athlete representative Curtis Sumpter
, a 2011 USA Pan American Games and 2004 USA U20 National Team member.

Having played on the U18 team that qualified the U19 for participation
Having played on that team for Donovan
Having started all of those games for Donovan and having led the team in rebounds
Playing for the Chair of the selection committee (Boeheim)
Having the Grant pedigree
And being a blossoming talented player

He almost needs to break a leg not to make this team.

not to mention Donovan said of all the players on his U18 team last year, Jerami Grant has the highest upside potential. I don't think it's a question of whether Jerami makes the team, it's a question of whether he starts.

Btw, about that video I posted. Start at about 10 seconds in, the smirk from Grant feeding off of CJ's smile when acknowledging him is downright awesome.

What's even more exciting, is that these two will be playing together often in our frontcourt this year.
We can pull this off this year. Get ready.

Btw, about that video I posted. Start at about 10 seconds in, the smirk from Grant feeding off of CJ's smile when acknowledging him is downright awesome.

What's even more exciting, is that these two will be playing together often in our frontcourt this year.
Best frontcourt in the country. Not much to be worried about. Lol

Best frontcourt in the country. Not much to be "unsure" of. Lol
That deserves a little hotty thumb's up.
Any newbies out there? Listen to cusetown when in doubt.
You'll be alllllllllright.
emma.gif

the only jb factor will be when a commentator questions, hr didn't start.

That video was a fitting Father's Day post for Harvey Grant. That had to be an awesome feeling to have both of his son's on the court at the same time in a big time D1 college game.

I also marvel at how Cooley's head snaps to try and keep up with the blocked shot to see just how far it goes up into the stands. He was also impressed by the block, and a bit deflated after that, ha ha

I am pretty excited to see what Mr. Grant brings to the table this year. Even when he made spectacular plays last year he was still all business. "OK embarrass Cooley on a sick block by sticking to my assignment because that's my job. next!"

So, his competition is:

Aaron Gordon
Montrezl Harrell
Jarnell Stokes

Lot of guards. A lot of them. I think Grant is safe.

I would be shocked if Harrell doesn't make it. That dude is an absolute BEAST. He'll be 1st team all BE next year.

I would be shocked if Harrell doesn't make it. That dude is an absolute BEAST. He'll be 1st team all BE next year.

Pretty much Lville's whole team will be 1st team all BE next year . . . . no ones left.

IMO--- Marcus Smart is the only lock ! Frazier will be a frosh at U. Of Florida.

I think frazier will be a sophomore at UF this year - he had a pretty good year last year shooting the 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom