Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

Portland may also be signing Grant to this deal with the understanding that he's a trade asset shortly.

That makes sense too... if tanking and rebuilding is the plan

Portland may also be signing Grant to this deal with the understanding that he's a trade asset shortly.

Could be, but I believe the new CBA puts a 6-month trade restriction on players signing a new contract (up from 3 months previously - unless I'm reading it incorrectly, which is possible because even NBA contract experts have been struggling a bit with this new CBA). Doesn't prohibit them from making a move like that, but it does make it somewhat more complicated.

Could be, but I believe the new CBA puts a 6-month trade restriction on players signing a new contract (up from 3 months previously - unless I'm reading it incorrectly, which is possible because even NBA contract experts have been struggling a bit with this new CBA). Doesn't prohibit them from making a move like that, but it does make it somewhat more complicated.
For sure, it's not immediate, unless they can figure out a sign and trade or something before stuff becomes official.

There was a discussion of Portland possibly using Jeremi as a sign and trade and it was said, and I don't quite understand, that Jerami has a 5 year deal and a sign & trade can be four years max so they couldn't use him in a sign & trade later. Can someone explain?

There was a discussion of Portland possibly using Jeremi as a sign and trade and it was said, and I don't quite understand, that Jerami has a 5 year deal and a sign & trade can be four years max so they couldn't use him in a sign & trade later. Can someone explain?
So the deals don't become official when they're announced, it doesn't happen until July 6 or something.

Sometimes stuff goes into additional negotiation as organizations and players flex to developments in the league.

Sometimes there are other shenanigans like the infamous DeAndre Jordan hostage situation.

So the deals don't become official when they're announced, it doesn't happen until July 6 or something.

Sometimes stuff goes into additional negotiation as organizations and players flex to developments in the league.

Sometimes there are other shenanigans like the infamous DeAndre Jordan hostage situation.
That's what some were speculating, that Portland offered that deal to Grant was something they did hoping to keep Lillard but when Lillard requested to be traded keeping Grant is no longer a priority but a verbal deal is a verbal deal and Portland had to keep that deal or else really bad optics...me I find it hard to believe the Grant deal wasn't at least whispered to Lillard first to get his buy in.

When this most recent contract expires, Jeremy will be 33 years old. At that point, he’ll have signed 4 contracts with a total gross value of $250M+. Quarter of a Bill - just on the basketball court.

Congrats young man.

When this most recent contract expires, Jeremy will be 33 years old. At that point, he’ll have signed 4 contracts with a total gross value of $250M+. Quarter of a Bill - just on the basketball court.

Congrats young man.
5261f9db-9e27-4c8b-aa83-cf0715ce7701-large1x1_uwmtd0201314rc.jpg

Congrats young man.
Too bad he didn't stay for one more year and get that extra coaching and seasoning....

Notha year a skoolin ain’t never didn’t hurt nobody.

Is it just me and my Orange-colored glasses, or does that article read kinda snarky and haterade-like?
Jerami signed a long term, life-changing $134+ million contract, and in one breath the author dumps on him & says it was a mistake, and in the other he's predicting Portland'll be good and better than expected. It's not like the Blazers are planning to win the west after trading Dame, they know they'll struggle but have some good pieces, JG being one. Amirite?

Is it just me and my Orange-colored glasses, or does that article read kinda snarky and haterade-like?
Jerami signed a long term, life-changing $134+ million contract, and in one breath the author dumps on him & says it was a mistake, and in the other he's predicting Portland'll be good and better than expected. It's not like the Blazers are planning to win the west after trading Dame, they know they'll struggle but have some good pieces, JG being one. Amirite?
It didn't sound too bad to me. It sounded like he thinks he's a quality player but not good enough make Lillard want to stay and maybe not good enough to justify that much money.

They all just follow narratives and repeat what other dorks are saying.

They don’t even watch games.

“…moving on from…” suggests his contract was a mistake, but I think it’s just bad writing. I do think the team regrets the signing but only because of the Lillard trade request that came subsequently. That seems to be the national/common sense perspective, not a hating on Grant personally. Just bad timing/a bad situation because they don’t expect to be competitive yet they just signed a large contract. Change in direction and our dude got caught in the middle.

I hope they do move him, to a contender. Unfortunately, he’s going to have to prove his worth vs the contract in a bad scenario, with a rookie PG and a group of spare parts the team probably doesn‘t care about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom