Jerome Robinson > Tyus Battle | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Robinson > Tyus Battle

Push . James is the better shooter though. Neither is an NBA player imo.

Latest mock out this morning on ESPN from Givony doesn't have Tyus in the top 60. Not that it really holds weight but I like seeing that.

Latest mock out this morning on ESPN from Givony doesn't have Tyus in the top 60. Not that it really holds weight but I like seeing that.
He played his way out of the draft this year.

He played his way out of the draft this year.

More I see the less I think he'll ever play in the league. He has no definite NBA rotation level skill besides athleticism. Sometimes that's enough if it's at an elite level like Diallo but his is not.

I think Tyus can play in the NBA and I'd bet that he will. He has the ability to be that 3 and D role player with size to switch 1-3. Those guys find roles in the NBA.

I do, however, worry about him leaving this year if he's mocked outside the top 60 or mid-second round. With the way the league likes to stash euros in the draft (with success), even if you're mocked mid-second, you can easily find yourself on the outside looking in if a bunch of teams start drafting the rights to European players.

The same guy that rated Deshaun Stevenson on the same level as Michael Jordan.

Strongly disagree

They are essentially equal on 2s and 3s but Tyus has a 79-60% advantage at the line which is usually an indicator of who will be a better shooter long term.

Regardless they are both shooting under 35% from the college 3pt line so neither is to be considered a shooter by any means.

I think Tyus can play in the NBA and I'd bet that he will. He has the ability to be that 3 and D role player with size to switch 1-3. Those guys find roles in the NBA.

I do, however, worry about him leaving this year if he's mocked outside the top 60 or mid-second round. With the way the league likes to stash euros in the draft (with success), even if you're mocked mid-second, you can easily find yourself on the outside looking in if a bunch of teams start drafting the rights to European players.

I thought so too until as of late when I realized he's not even a rotation level ball handler, passer, shooter or rebounder. He's only solid as a 1 on 1 guy at getting to the rim which he's never going to be at the next level. His box score stats are so empty that its absurd.

I thought so too until as of late when I realized he's not even a rotation level ball handler, passer, shooter or rebounder. He's only solid as a 1 on 1 guy at getting to the rim which he's never going to be at the next level. His box score stats are so empty that its absurd.
Haha, so a top 5 ACC scorer can’t dribble, pass, OR shoot but he’s good at getting to the rim 1 on 1 without having any of those skills... does he teleport to get to the rim?

love TB and and that he plays for us.
Just trying to point out that at least in last night's game, as well as Tyus played, Robinson was the best player on the court, with the possible exception of his defense. What he showed in the 2nd half, when we took away their 3pt shooting, in getting to the rim and finishing pretty much every time, is just not something Tyus is able to do consistently.
To me, Robinson looks like the better NBA prospect.

Just trying to point out that at least in last night's game, as well as Tyus played, Robinson was the best player on the court, with the possible exception of his defense. What he showed in the 2nd half, when we took away their 3pt shooting, in getting to the rim and finishing pretty much every time, is just not something Tyus is able to do consistently.
You can’t ask a question like that here. People get offended and all of sudden question your fandom. Then they say all you do is put our players down. Orange colored glasses shine bright here.

Battle has a little more size and strength, probably projects as the better defender at the next level, and is a sophomore versus a junior. We'll see how they test out at the combine, but Battle looks like the better prospect to me.

Battle has a little more size and strength, probably projects as the better defender at the next level, and is a sophomore versus a junior. We'll see how they test out at the combine, but Battle looks like the better prospect to me.
Fair enough.
Again, though, against our size/length last night he shredded it with relative ease—both inside and out.

Honestly I thought battle was the best player on the court last night and one of my co workers said the same and he's a uconn grad

Fair enough.
Again, though, against our size/length last night he shredded it with relative ease—both inside and out.
No doubt he was excellent last night and is a nice player who may very well have an NBA future. I was just handicapping them in terms of what the NBA currently values.

Honestly I thought battle was the best player on the court last night and one of my co workers said the same and he's a uconn grad
well geez if your ucon friend said it, wow, I stand corrected

Haha, so a top 5 ACC scorer can’t dribble, pass, OR shoot but he’s good at getting to the rim 1 on 1 without having any of those skills... does he teleport to get to the rim?

He's shooting 44% from 2 and 33% from 3 so good job just talking about ppg without accounting for the volume of shits he takes. Same type of idiotic thought that got Westbrook the mvp last year.