Jerome Robinson > Tyus Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Robinson > Tyus Battle

Just realized it auto-corrected to shits but I like it.

Didn't see the game but I agree on Tyus in general. He reminds me more of a Marcus Paige like player in terms of his trajectory than a kid ready to steam off into the NBA.

With that said, it will be his defensive prowess that makes the difference. I presume he declares to test his stock at minimum and maybe he is able to make a difference and fits the NBA profile and gets paid. Another guy who might be comparable is Iman Shumpert. Tyus isn't the same freak athlete but is a better offensive playmaker off the dribble.

Haha, so a top 5 ACC scorer can’t dribble, pass, OR shoot but he’s good at getting to the rim 1 on 1 without having any of those skills... does he teleport to get to the rim?

He's also a guard with an extremely high usage rate and averages 1.5 apg but yeah he's an incredible passer.

He's also a guard with an extremely high usage rate and averages 1.5 apg but yeah he's an incredible passer.
Considering the players on this team, how could he not have a high usage rate?

Strongly disagree

I stand corrected a bit, but I don’t think it’s as big of a difference as you think. Diallo was shooting well at the beginning of the year and had since tailed off. I did think Battle would shoot better and do more than score this year, but that’s yet to be the case.

He's shooting 44% from 2 and 33% from 3 so good job just talking about ppg without accounting for the volume of shits he takes. Same type of idiotic thought that got Westbrook the mvp last year.

Westbrook averaged an absurd 30/11/10 last year and led the league in Player Efficiency Rating (PER) by a huge margin. How could he possibly not be worthy of MVP?

Westbrook averaged an absurd 30/11/10 last year and led the league in Player Efficiency Rating (PER) by a huge margin. How could he possibly not be worthy of MVP?

He took 300 more shots than any player in the entire league, had the highest fg% against of any guard due to giving his man open jumpers to go chase boards and has to be in the running for guy whose teammates immediately get better as soon as they get away from him.

Considering the players on this team, how could he not have a high usage rate?

Which makes sense but how do you possibly have the ball in your hands that much and avg 1.5 apg. That is almost impossible.

They are essentially equal on 2s and 3s but Tyus has a 79-60% advantage at the line which is usually an indicator of who will be a better shooter long term.

Regardless they are both shooting under 35% from the college 3pt line so neither is to be considered a shooter by any means.
Honestly I thought battle was the best player on the court last night and one of my co workers said the same and he's a uconn grad

His shooting form on his three is not great. He makes a decent number from the college line, but he shoots from "feel", not from the greatest mechanics. I don't like his little elbow hitch to get some "oomph" into it at all.

The Pitt kid had a much smoother shot, but is not the athlete that Tyus is, by a long shot.