Jerome Smith leaving for NFL? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Smith leaving for NFL?

Why is that? McFarlane is averaging the most yards per touch out of all the backs.

Honestly curious.
Take out the long run on the fake punt and where does his average stand?

I think it is insecurity on our part. For the last two seasons we are used to Rome and PTG bouncing off tackles and taking it thirty or forty yards for the touchdown. I may be wrong but I don't remember Morris making a spectacular run for a touchdown this year. I'm not saying he can't do it, its just that we have not seen it as of yet. This isn't a criticism of Morris by any means, due to the fact that he had to share the runs with three other backs (two of which were Rome and PTG). I will feel better when I see him break a few tackles and score on a long td. I know he can do it, I just want to see it. I also realize that he is as fast if not faster than Rome and PTG. The Grob era has really messed up my self esteem about our team. The counseling has helped though.

Take out the long run on the fake punt and where does his average stand?
I'm guessing you didn't do the math on that before throwing it out there. Take out McFarlane's longest run and he still averages 5.2 yards per carry. That's better than both Smith and Morris and .4 yards behind PTG.

If he has enough carries on the season McFarlane actually tied Ger Schwedes for the 4th best yards per rush average on a season.

I'm guessing you didn't do the math on that before throwing it out there. Take out McFarlane's longest run and he still averages 5.2 yards per carry. That's better than both Smith and Morris and .4 yards behind PTG.

If he has enough carries on the season McFarlane actually tied Ger Schwedes for the 4th best yards per rush average on a season.
Smith was also used for a lot of short distance/goal line carries, which he was often money for, but lowered his YPC. Who gets the carry on 3rd/4th and short next year? I hope AAM

Smith was also used for a lot of short distance/goal line carries, which he was often money for, but lowered his YPC. Who gets the carry on 3rd/4th and short next year? I hope AAM

Agree passion, I hope they reinvigorate Adonis and get him in great shape