Jerry Palm at CBS still not a believer | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm at CBS still not a believer

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
Still no Cuse in the CBS bowl projections.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Interesting side note. Assuming SU beats Temple the Orange finish 5-2 in conference. Cinci has already lost a game, and whomever of L'ville/Rutgers doesn't get the BCS bid will have a least 1 loss. Since SU would be within 1 conference loss of those teams the Tire and Russell Athletic could select SU. The question is would they? For the Tire Bowl (Charlotte) there's a ton of CNY ex pats down there, so you could combine a trip to see friends/family with the bowl game. The game is Thursday 12/27 at 6:30 PM, so it's not that inconvenient to take a long weekend for travel. Also Charlotte is an easy flight from Syracuse. For the Russell Athletic its on Friday night 12/28 in Orlando, another easy flight. I know most here want Pinstripe and I'm fine with that one as well, just wondering if the other bowls would take SU over Cinci and Louisville/Rutgers?

http://belkbowl.com/
http://russellathleticbowl.com/
http://web.pinstripebowl.com/index

You mean the Belk Bowl?
SU would have great appeal for them and obviously it would be a cool preview of ACC action.

Yes. He means the "Department Store" bowl. It would be interesting to play a future conference team. The question is which ACC team would get picked. Maybe Duke since I believe NC State played in that bowl last year and WF is still not bowl eligible.

You mean the Belk Bowl?
SU would have great appeal for them and obviously it would be a cool preview of ACC action.

Yeah I still call it the Tire Bowl.

Yes. He means the "Department Store" bowl. It would be interesting to play a future conference team. The question is which ACC team would get picked. Maybe Duke since I believe NC State played in that bowl last year and WF is still not bowl eligible.

CBS has Duke in there right now.

Personally, I think the Pin Stripe Bowl is the best bowl for us right now as a program. It is in the heart of where we are spending so much effort in recruiting, well and easier to travel to for a fan base that is trying to figure out if they are band wagon or not, huge media possibilities, it is an east coast bowl played in east coast conditions, etc... Any time you can tie yourself to a successful entity like NY Yankees, it is a plus.

Personally, I think the Pin Stripe Bowl is the best bowl for us right now as a program. It is in the heart of where we are spending so much effort in recruiting, well and easier to travel to for a fan base that is trying to figure out if they are band wagon or not, huge media possibilities, it is an east coast bowl played in east coast conditions, etc... Any time you can tie yourself to a successful entity like NY Yankees, it is a plus.

Have to agree with you but Charlotte is 2 1/2 hour drive for me and is so much warmer in December!

1. Get Pinstripe
2. Get EO, Chan and Freeney there
3. ??????????
4. Profit

and then chant "ACC, ACC, ACC!"

Looks like he just updated it because he has us in the Pinstripe against TCU.

we really dont know if the bigeast would allo those bowls to take syracuse over rutgers or cincy .i could see the bigeast telling them you have to take based on standings just to get to keep more bowl $$ in the conference

I'll just leave this here, too.

#1 BCS: $17,000,000
#2 Russel Athletic: $2,275,000
#3 Belk: $1,700,000
#4 Pinstripe: $1,800,000

the acc opponents in those bowls is hard to predict right now as clemson and fsu could both be in bcs as long as louisiana tech stays outside top 16

Outside a BCS bowl, much of that is eaten up in travel and unsold tickets. Fans will travel to the Pinstripe more so than any of those other bowls including the BCS. The difference is the BCS payout > all other bowls combined.

I'll be in North Carolina that week so I want the Tire Bowl as well. And to crush an overrated Duke team.

we really dont know if the bigeast would allo those bowls to take syracuse over rutgers or cincy .i could see the bigeast telling them you have to take based on standings just to get to keep more bowl $$ in the conference
Not sure the BE can 'tell' the bowls who to take. That is written into the contracts. And quite frankly, the BE is not in a position of power. They don't want to p!ss the bowls off.

I'll just leave this here, too.

#1 BCS: $17,000,000
#2 Russel Athletic: $2,275,000
#3 Belk: $1,700,000
#4 Pinstripe: $1,800,000

Pretty sure BE splits bowl revenue among all members.

Perhaps it was updated, but he has SU vs. TCU in the Pinstripe. Okay with me.

That's correct. I believe there is a bonus involved as it tiers down, though. Plus expenses for the bowl trip. And some kind of requirement for selling your allotment of tickets.

Should come out to about 2mil per team, I think.

Don't think BE can dictate that.

Pretty sure BE splits bowl revenue among all members.
But, does SU get a share? A major point that hasn't been discussed much in the media (but certainly has been by SU administrators) is the disposition of monies, such as those earned at bowl games; not to mention NCAA hoops credits. As SU (and Pitt, and, I assume, ND) is being shut out of all meetings and other league discussion, I wonder what the BE is allowing us to keep.

But, does SU get a share? A major point that hasn't been discussed much in the media (but certainly has been by SU administrators) is the disposition of monies, such as those earned at bowl games; not to mention NCAA hoops credits. As SU (and Pitt, and I assume ND) is being shut out of all meetings and other league discussion, I wonder what the BE is allowing us to keep.

IIRC, nothing. From the second we said we were leaving the conference we get nothing and no vote.

Belk and I'm there, though PinStripe might be most appropriate.