Jerry Palm bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm bracketology

Florida as a 3 seed would be rough. we'd probably be dogs in that game

That would be a tough road, but we are not going to find a realistic "easy" road. Seeing Indiana and Illinois gives me very unpleasant flashbacks to two of our better teams that could have/should have/would have...and Florida is just plain scary. But with JSouth back, I say "Bring it!"

Holy crap, that's a freaking gauntlet, no thanks.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

At least we would be facing Indiana on a neutral floor. I beleive in the end Indiana is the likely #1 seed and would basically be able to play at home.

It's important that we do not fall to 7 or 8 on the s-curve , so we can avoid this. With only one eastern /.southeast regional this year, we need to watch where we are vs Duke, Miami, and Florida to stay in Washington.

Right now it works because Duke and Miami are one's... it would also help if one of the ACC schools secured the east region, because both ACC schools could not be 1-2 in thar region. Problem would occur if ACC schools are ranked 4-5. #4 team would likely get #1 west, and #5 would get 2 east.

Long season to play, and many teams can still get #1.

South would be weak... Miami/Mich St/New Mexico/G'Town.

That would be brutal. And playing Davidson in a first round game would be no picnic either...they're very patient and an excellent passing team, not to mention guys who can shoot & consistently hit the trey...

Florida as a 3 seed would be rough. we'd probably be dogs in that game

Yeah, and they will want to take it to us. We got them last year without Erik Murphy and it wasn't easy.

At least he has SU back on the #2 line. Indiana will establish themselves as the best team and get the #1 overall in Indy. I don't get why he has Michigan in Indy now when they already lost to IU. I think Indiana would be the worst matchup for SU so hope we avoid being in a region with them. They are the best offensive team in the country. Four great 3-pt shooters, a mobile big man who scores in the paint, and Oledepo(?) is a nightmare to cover and would be the perfect guy to play at the foul line in the zone. SU matches up much better with Michigan which is mostly perimeter and doesn't score much inside. If we can avoid IU and Butler I'm happy. Still think Florida and Arizona are over-rated in weak leagues this year.

At least he has SU back on the #2 line. Indiana will establish themselves as the best team and get the #1 overall in Indy. I don't get why he has Michigan in Indy now when they already lost to IU. I think Indiana would be the worst matchup for SU so hope we avoid being in a region with them. They are the best offensive team in the country. Four great 3-pt shooters, a mobile big man who scores in the paint, and Oledepo(?) is a nightmare to cover and would be the perfect guy to play at the foul line in the zone. SU matches up much better with Michigan which is mostly perimeter and doesn't score much inside. If we can avoid IU and Butler I'm happy. Still think Florida and Arizona are over-rated in weak leagues this year.

Yeah Oladipo can really rise up and shoot over potential guys covering him late at the foul line. Arizona I think would really struggle attacking the zone. Lyons dosn't manage a game well either. Low bball IQ team. Florida on the flipside would be a problem, imo.

At least we would be facing Indiana on a neutral floor. I beleive in the end Indiana is the likely #1 seed and would basically be able to play at home.

It's important that we do not fall to 7 or 8 on the s-curve , so we can avoid this. With only one eastern /.southeast regional this year, we need to watch where we are vs Duke, Miami, and Florida to stay in Washington.

Right now it works because Duke and Miami are one's... it would also help if one of the ACC schools secured the east region, because both ACC schools could not be 1-2 in thar region. Problem would occur if ACC schools are ranked 4-5. #4 team would likely get #1 west, and #5 would get 2 east.

Long season to play, and many teams can still get #1.

they dont go straight by the s curve anymore they try to place teams more geographical favorble

That's a nightmare path. Illinois isn't great but they could catch lightning in a bottle. I want no part of Florida or Indiana till Atlanta.

Published this morning.

SU (in Phila) #2 seed East. East #1 Indiana.

If seeds hold - SU vs. Davidson, SU vs. Illinois, SU vs. Florida, SU vs. Indiana

Where's UConn?

tumblr_m0q5131Xsr1qdaypso1_250.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom