Jerry Palm doesn't like us | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm doesn't like us

Damn that idea of using research and logic. If we take care of business against Rhode Island, Toledo, and Tulane, that gets us to 4 wins, so we'd have to go 2-5 in the Big East, which includes playing tomato can Rutgers.

6-6 with the eleventy-hundred bowls out there gets you somewhere.

In conclusion, Jerry Palm is an idiot.

If we get by URI, Toledo, and Tulane, and lose to USC, we have to go 2-5 in conference to get to 6 wins. That should be doable.

The wake game might be really big because 3-4 in conference is no sure thing. Team has big weaknesses.
I agree on your assessment of the schedule. I think this team gets better as the season goes, and some of those big weaknesses get shored up by conference play (not including Rutgers which is early). 2-5 is VERY doable. I honestly expect a 3-4 conference season with wins over Rutgers, UConn, and Cincy. I also expect the Louisville game to be very competitive.

Also, keep this in mind. If we win those games you stated, and beat Rutgers, we'll be 5-1 going in to the West Virginia game. That means we'll only need 1 of our final 6 to become bowl eligible. Also, if WVU beats LSU, they could be top 10 by the time we play them, and if we are 5-1, and are competitive @USC, there's a chance we could be ranked as well (like 23-25), or at least in the discussion.

I agree on your assessment of the schedule. I think this team gets better as the season goes, and some of those big weaknesses get shored up by conference play (not including Rutgers which is early). 2-5 is VERY doable. I honestly expect a 3-4 conference season with wins over Rutgers, UConn, and Cincy. I also expect the Louisville game to be very competitive.

Also, keep this in mind. If we win those games you stated, and beat Rutgers, we'll be 5-1 going in to the West Virginia game. That means we'll only need 1 of our final 6 to become bowl eligible. Also, if WVU beats LSU, they could be top 10 by the time we play them, and if we are 5-1, and are competitive @USC, there's a chance we could be ranked as well (like 23-25), or at least in the discussion.
I think Louisville is the most likely W in the BE, then I expect at least 2 wins out of the UConn, RU, UC, Pitt games. I certainly think wins over either WVU or USF are possible as well. So basically - 3-4 or 4-3 in the BE is what I'm doing a very bad job of stating.

Damn that idea of using research and logic. If we take care of business against Rhode Island, Toledo, and Tulane, that gets us to 4 wins, so we'd have to go 2-5 in the Big East, which includes playing tomato can Rutgers.

6-6 with the eleventy-hundred bowls out there gets you somewhere.

In conclusion, Jerry Palm is an idiot.
because we had such an easy time beating that tomato can last year...

maybe palm thinks we'll trip up against one of those three teams. maybe he thinks we go 1-6 in the big east.

you sound like you think jerry palm doesn't know how many bowls there are

he expects wvu,lou,uconn,cincy,pitt, and south florida to get a bowl.

so it's not like he thinks rutgers is good

He's a quant guy and he should probably stick to being a quant guy. That said, his opinion is that SU will finish 7th or 8th in the BE, which isn't really out of the realm of possibility. We have to face facts that SU could lose every BE game. I don't think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.

I laugh that he calls VaTech a "sleeper" in the ACC.

He's a quant guy and he should probably stick to being a quant guy. That said, his opinion is that SU will finish 7th or 8th in the BE, which isn't really out of the realm of possibility. We have to face facts that SU could lose every BE game. I don't think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.

I laugh that he calls VaTech a "sleeper" in the ACC.
Yeah not sure how he can even say that I can't even name the last time VT wasn't in the ACC championship game

Does a win against an FCS opponent count as 1 win for bowl purposes? (rhode island)

If I am not mistaken, a team gets to count 1 FCS will per year towards a bowl game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom