Syracuse 1 seed East
16 Vermont
8 George Washington
9 Arizona State
4 St. Louis
5 Ohio State
3 Iowa State
2 Villanova

What I find interesting is that Palm has Duke as a 3 seed so I don't know if they can catch us barring them winning out and we lose 2 games.
I also loved this
Jerry Palm @jppalmCBS
This? RT @zstubbs: if UNC were the 7 seed in Raleigh can you imagine how mad the 2 seed would be... pic.twitter.com/Sgc2mJxcVV
BhZv0jICAAElKNY.jpg

2010 took some of the sting about Vermont away. That 2005 team underachieved all year long except the BET and I was crushed to be in attendance for that game, but we weren't winning a NC that season. I wouldn't be afraid of Vermon this season they don't have Coppenwrath and Sorrentine on their team who were pretty good for a mid-major program. I would take this bracket in a cocaine heartbeat if possible.

Nice except I would like to avoid playing Ohio St. They are too physical up front, we have a poor track record against OSU and Matta...and I have seen enough of Craft and his dirty tricks. Otherwise I'll take it. Why does Palm keep putting Cincinnati on the #2 line. Just can't see them as a #2. And come on the whole world wants Wichita St and Kansas in the midwest regional as the #1 vs #2. I wonder if KU uses their blue blood "pull" behind the scenes to make sure the committee doesn't do that.

Ohio State doesn't have the firepower they had 2 years ago. I think the zone would suffocate them, just like I think the zone is going to suffocate Virginia on Saturday.

I will say this year Vermont scares me as a 16 Seed. They had Duke beat earlier in the year at Duke.

Last edited:
Ohio State doesn't have the firepower they had 2 years ago. I think the zone would suffocate them, just like I think the zone is going to suffocate Virginia on Saturday.

I will say this year Vermont scares me as a 16 Seed. They Duke beat earlier in the year at Duke.

Agree on Vermont, enough of those guys already. If were the #1 seed I hope we get an awful 16 seed, I dont need UNC Ashville Part 2.

91 -90 Duke vs UVM at Duke on Nov 24. Duke blew a 15 pt lead and UVM had a chance to win at the end but couldn't get a shot off.

91 -90 Duke vs UVM at Duke on Nov 24. Duke blew a 15 pt lead and UVM had a chance to win at the end but couldn't get a shot off.

Just checked there schedule, prior to that Duke game they lost to St. Joes, Bryant, Providence and Freeking Wagner. After the Duke game they lost to San Francisco and Quinnipiac. They did lose a close game to Harvard but other then that they dont seem to have faired well OOC, outside of the Duke game. They have run through the American East Confernce which might be one of the worst in the nation when you see the standings. Yikes, the third place team is Albany and there 14-13.

Just checked there schedule, prior to that Duke game they lost to St. Joes, Bryant, Providence and Freeking Wagner. After the Duke game they lost to San Francisco and Quinnipiac. They did lose a close game to Harvard but other then that they dont seem to have faired well OOC, outside of the Duke game. They have run through the American East Confernce which might be one of the worst in the nation when you see the standings. Yikes, the third place team is Albany and there 14-13.
Vermont is not the 2005 Vermont with 2 Senior leaders who had been to 3 straight NCAA Tournaments. They are the alpha dog of one the worst conferences in Division 1 America East. They would play us tough, but they wouldn't beat us unless we completely crapped the bed. They scored 90 points on Duke when Duke couldn't guard anybody, and Jabari Parker who is still a sub-par defender was absolutely brutal on defense in that game. Also, Coach K wasn't playing Rasheed Sulamon at that point and they won against Vermont like we did against St. Francis. Vermont isn't a threat we are just scared rightfully so because of the name.

Vermont is not the 2005 Vermont with 2 Senior leaders who had been to 3 straight NCAA Tournaments. They are the alpha dog of one the worst conferences in Division 1 America East. They would play us tough, but they wouldn't beat us unless we completely crapped the bed. They scored 90 points on Duke when Duke couldn't guard anybody, and Jabari Parker who is still a sub-par defender was absolutely brutal on defense in that game. Also, Coach K wasn't playing Rasheed Sulamon at that point and they won against Vermont like we did against St. Francis. Vermont isn't a threat we are just scared rightfully so because of the name.

I actually agree with you which is why I pointed out all those bad losses they have had plus how awful there conference is. That being said I would rather not play Vermont, we have played them twice in the tourney the past decade including the second time when they were a projected as a 14 seed and somehow were given a 16 against us. I would just rather play someone else and be able to avoid the 5 days of the media rehashing that Vermont loss over and over again.

I would love to see that bracket ... but we'll probably have a team we lost to in the second round...