Jesse Edwards' Choice? | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards' Choice?

sususpicious

Walk On
Thought this might be worthy of a new "venting thread"? Noticed that Jesse played last night in West Virginia's 65-81 loss to a good TCU team. I'm not sure how his rehab is coming along after the early-season injury, but I did see that in 19 minutes he collected 4 fouls and scored 6 points with 4 rebounds. He was 1-6 from the floor. I also noticed that West Virginia is now 8-16! As an SU fan of a "center-less" team, I couldn't stop myself from the inevitable "what might've been?" And I wonder if at this point Jesse might be feeling the same way?

Make It Rain Money GIF

Thought this might be worthy of a new "venting thread"? Noticed that Jesse played last night in West Virginia's 65-81 loss to a good TCU team. I'm not sure how his rehab is coming along after the early-season injury, but I did see that in 19 minutes he collected 4 fouls and scored 6 points with 4 rebounds. He was 1-6 from the floor. I also noticed that West Virginia is now 8-16! As an SU fan of a "center-less" team, I couldn't stop myself from the inevitable "what might've been?" And I wonder if at this point Jesse might be feeling the same way?
I'm sure there's regret and second-guessing, but what's done is done. His dad gotten taken for a ride by WVU.

Literally my only hope for Jesse is that his NIL was agreed upon in such a way that he got all or most of what was rumored.

If I was a betting man, I would highly doubt it.

Hope he can stay healthy and eventually play for money somewhere that he likes.

Literally my only hope for Jesse is that his NIL was agreed upon in such a way that he got all or most of what was rumored.

If I was a betting man, I would highly doubt it.

Hope he can stay healthy and eventually play for money somewhere that he likes.
Most of his NIL money went to lawyers for Huggins. I kid I kid. Maybe

It will take scenarios like this to implode the hideous NIL situation in college sports. I don't know, and nobody here knows, if Jesse received what he was told. Either way, WVU or Jesse got screwed.
I think WVU was willing to overspend on the roster to try to give Huggs a chance at a championship before he was initially planning to retire.

Then the whole DUI, interm coach who’s not that good, all the early on injuries and eligibility issues… created a whole mess for WVU. At least Jesse still got paid.

I always liked Jesse a lot. He is a smart kid with an SU degree in a real major. He will always be a fellow alum.

He graduated and moved on for more $$$. That's the way it is now. The guys who come to SU from elsewhere are doing exactly the same thing. Truthfully, once a player has his degree it is even smarter to go to the highest bidder. It sucks from a fan standpoint, but it's a business.

Now, whether that highest bid actually gets paid out is another thing but there is no guarantee that it gets paid out at SU either. Did we get our "money's worth" with McLeod, Westry, or Cuffe? To be determined. Did they? Who knows.

He sold out for the cash. Plain and simple. He wasnt worth what wvu paid for him and once huggy got sheetcanned he probably regretted his decision immediately. Plus he has to spend his last year in god forsaken west virginia

Last edited:
West Virginia went from a dark horse in the off season when they went nuts with NIL going after established guys, to wheels completely falling off once Huggins was dismissed

That team and season would be completely different had Huggy been able to use an Uber

I think WVU was willing to overspend on the roster to try to give Huggs a chance at a championship before he was initially planning to retire.

Then the whole DUI, interm coach who’s not that good, all the early on injuries and eligibility issues… created a whole mess for WVU. At least Jesse still got paid.
How do you know this? The reason I ask is that there is no guaranteed contract that I know of for these things.

He's getting paid, I don’t think the Edwards family gives one iota, he got the $ he wanted from WVU.
...and that is the bottom lines these days. Pay me and I will go anywhere...

I really don’t think him being on our team this year changes things much. Maybe we win the @BC game. Other than that we have the same record.
I dont think I would undersell what 16-8 from him could do for a team desperate for offense. A lot of games got out of hand because guys quit, if you keep 20 point leads to 10 points with some consistent offense the games probably turn out differently.

Last edited:
He sold out for the cash. Plain and simple. He wasnt worth what wvu paid for him and once huggy got sheetcanned he probably regretted his decision immediately. Plus he has to spend his last year in god forsaken west virginia
He was worth exactly what WVU paid, thats why he got paid it.

Toon me het geld
Dat heeft ‘ie nog niet gedaan. *

It was great to meet him at the team hotel and after the game last year, and yack away in Dutch. ;)

* “He hasn’t done it yet.”

He got his degree, then left SU for the best monetary offer. Sounds like the goal of every college graduate.

West Virginia went from a dark horse in the off season when they went nuts with NIL going after established guys, to wheels completely falling off once Huggins was dismissed

That team and season would be completely different had Huggy been able to use an Uber
I was looking forward to see how Huggins used Jesse. Jesse does not seem to fit with Huggins typical players. Usually they are strong and aggressive defensively. Now, we will never know.

I really don’t think him being on our team this year changes things much. Maybe we win the @BC game. Other than that we have the same record.
Disagree. We have several more wins with Jesse. He changes the entire focus of our offense. He‘s a proven double figure rebounder and conservative 14-17 point per game scorer. These kind of players don’t grow on trees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom