Jesse Edwards Joins Dutch National Team for Eurobasket | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Joins Dutch National Team for Eurobasket

This is 100% right on. The experience and competition he will practice against and play against is fantastic. The quality and level of play is much better than any he would find practicing with the team this summer.
Hopefully they take the youngster aside and teach him a thing or two. NBA level athlete,IMO.

This will either be incredible experience and a spring board for his college season or completely destroy his confidence lol

Not remotely worried.

I remember when Gbinije played for his national team prior to his senior year, and as one of the younger players on the team, didn't get many minutes.

But the elevated level of competition in practice and in games that summer helped him kick things up a notch his senior year. His stats weren't impressive during that tour, either. Like Jesse, it will prove to be a valuable experience.

After going against Sabonis and Valuanciunas -- who's he going to play at the college level that is remotely comparable?

Ok at this point there have been enough solemn replies to my claim that Jesse will be demoralized by going up against the top players in the world at his position. I guess I must say it: it was a joke everyone. Yeah, I know, surprising.

5781.jpg

Jesse with another DNP against Spain yesterday. Hopefully he didn't get dinged up in the first game. Also- if he is healthy then sure looks like a wasted trip so far basketball wise.

Practicing against pros is always good for a college player, even if playing is better.

This trip wasn't a waste, especially when you consider the other guys are home with their high school friends playing big man on campus instead of working on their game.

Practicing against pros is always good for a college player, even if playing is better.

This trip wasn't a waste, especially when you consider the other guys are home with their high school friends playing big man on campus instead of working on their game.

In fairness not sure what high level pros he is practicing against on the Dutch team. Again I'm more just hoping he is healthy.

Barring the Dutch make the round of 16- Jesse could be there for Eurobasket through at least Sept 8th.

Barring the Dutch make the round of 16- Jesse could be there for Eurobasket through at least Sept 8th.

I may be misunderstanding, are you saying he stays longer if they don’t make the round of 16? Not sure when he was planning to come back prior to this.

I may be misunderstanding, are you saying he stays longer if they don’t make the round of 16? Not sure when he was planning to come back prior to this.

No the opposite. Also wasn't sure how long he was staying either especially considering classes.

It’s not like Crean was going to put a good team out there anyhow.

;)
I heard he recruited that girl that was in the stands when they played us…..yeah that girl.

1/5, 2pts, 4rebs, 1 ast and only 1pf in 12 mins against Serbia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom