Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse seems like such an even-keeled, level headed person I can’t imagine he would do anything out of frustration, say after the game, but you never know. I certainly hope that wasn’t the case, but I can’t remember a play during the game that he immediately went and clutched his wrist. I only recall he fell once, when he committed his 5th foul. Praying for a speeding recovery!!

JUST when I was starting to become delusional that maybe just somehow we could squeak our way into bubble discussion. Then this happens. Feel bad for Jesse, but also feel bad for me. I've worked hard this season, very hard.

I have faith in Frank.

If JB moves Jimmy over for the majority of coverage at the 5 he should be fired imo
Frank is going to have to work hard on avoiding foul trouble. Great opportunity for him.

Does Bourama return to the rotation? Is this JBA's big chance?

Our defense was finally getting to the point where it was decent.

Condolences to Jesse. No memory of any plan where he could have broken the wrist during the game.

Maybe late when some BC guard ran into him full speed (and Jesse got called for a foul). I bet it was then.

Explode Blow Up GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:
I felt our depth was fine at center. You’re not gonna have 3 guys that expect minutes. Jesse and Frank were a good 1 2 punch. 3rd would be a combo of Sid, JBA, Jimmy. Most teams don’t expect to have a center that can play 20 and be real helpful.

Sid with his injuries, JBA and Jimmy at the five should not be considered rotation players in the ACC at that position.

Sid with his injuries, JBA and Jimmy at the five should not be considered rotation players in the ACC at that position.

We’re talking the 3rd or 4th center. Of course they aren’t rotation players at the center.

Sidibe? Did his knee get better when Jesse hurt his wrist?
Good point. He should be good for a few min anyways. We also have Ajok who can spell a few min at Center.

But if Jimmy plays 5 he would put in Symir instead of Benny.

I just don’t see him giving Benny any extra minutes. Hope I’m wrong.

Anytime you lose your best overall player, the outlook takes a huge hit. Especially on this team, in the role he has.

His PER was 27. Next closest was Buddy at 19.

His DBPM is three full points higher than the next closest guy.

His overall BPM is 3.2 points higher than the next closest guy.

His eFG and TS are off the charts.

He's the only guy with a WS/40 over .200.

This is devestating.

Our defense is toast, more so than it already was and Jesse was the balance to having Buddy be such a volume shooter. We are in serious trouble.

I really liked what I saw from Frank last game. Was excited to see him continue as a really solid back up for 10-15'. Certainly a bigger opportunity now.

Frank is going to have to work hard on avoiding foul trouble. Great opportunity for him.

Does Bourama return to the rotation? Is this JBA's big chance?

Our defense was finally getting to the point where it was decent.

Condolences to Jesse. No memory of any plan where he could have broken the wrist during the game.

Maybe late when some BC guard ran into him full speed (and Jesse got called for a foul). I bet it was then.
I think JBA can be productive in limited spot minutes. He’s become a caricature, when he’s actually got some nice tools. We forget he’s coming off injury and multiple players have been outspoken on his game in practice. Maybe a chance to shock some people?

I have no expectations that Bourama can provide us more than 3-5 mins here or there. I hope he proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom