Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Obligatory "look, I like the guy" * but if JBA is getting minutes, this team is in trouble. Any evidence of him providing on the offensive end is nonexistent. Frank/Jimmy provide more which is how this team has won all season. There aren't many clear answers here, but JBA has not proven he can be one.
At the risk of sounding mean...I think if we want to be honest and put it on the table about JBA. He went in the portal and no one of note wanted him.

Well there goes our last ditch effort for the tourney. We can't have anything nice.

Sucks on every level. But next man up.

Frank now moves into the starting lineup. He isn't the same kind of defensive presence that Jesse was, but he'll get a massive dose of PT now.

I have to assume that JBA also garners more time.

Time to leap from the nest, baby birds.

*Obviously not ideal*, but my buddy wondered about Cole in the middle. He seems bigger than Jimmy, is that true?

I'd at least consider bennie at the 5, with the caveat that he is told just to be physical, play d, and rebound...and cover the corner 3 of course!

UNC was 14-19 that year...so yeah, it would be very similar
if I remember right, unc was terrible that year but then they turned it around a bit late in the season and (again, if I remember right) were being talked about as a darkhorse to win the accT

I really don't see what the big issue is? I mean, several folks were clamoring about how we were in such control of that game against BC without Jesse contributing a wink. And, it was a road game at that. So, I think we still got this! :)
And I get accused of being a troll.

We have been one injury away this whole time, finally came back to bite us.

Man, this sucks.
This is the one position where there actually was depth, but Jesse had evolved into the team's most impactful, and perhaps best, player. Just keep the winning seasons going now. :(

Does his injury require surgery or a cast?

Here is the other thing, we are already in deep trouble, we have to pray that we have no other injuries the rest of the year.

We will go from "hey, maybe we can keep the .500 streak alive" to "how do we field a team every night" if we lose one more person.

I'd at least consider bennie at the 5, with the caveat that he is told just to be physical, play d, and rebound...and cover the corner 3 of course!
Benny is #5 on the list to play the 5.

Man crappy meetings all morning then I see this.

Honestly I can't say I'm surprised. I am just glad there weren't more. BC was going old school Pitt for stretches in that game. Garbage style of defense and look what happens.

if I remember right, unc was terrible that year but then they turned it around a bit late in the season and (again, if I remember right) were being talked about as a darkhorse to win the accT
They were 3-7 in their last 10 games. honestly, I think Covid and the name “unc” made people misremember that season. Unc was bad

They beat us badly a couple of weeks prior, so it was sort of like a "redemption" win that glossed over how most of their year actually went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom