Jesse has left summer workouts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse has left summer workouts

They play bball in Iceland?
Yes, they all descended from her

R.185bf4ef1ef4d825cb83953de8d079eb

To play for the Netherlands in the FIBA World Cup qualifiers. They play today and Monday so I’d expect him back soon after.

I had visions of a single digit wins season after reading that thread title.

In todays game vs Italy, Jesse had 7 pts, 3 rebs and 3 blocks. But he only played 11 mins. I think he didn’t play much because he’s been here working out and not with the Netherlands team so they played the guys who were there more. Almost seems like he wasted his time there.

In todays game vs Italy, Jesse had 7 pts, 3 rebs and 3 blocks. But he only played 11 mins. I think he didn’t play much because he’s been here working out and not with the Netherlands team so they played the guys who were there more. Almost seems like he wasted his time there.

I don't know... Edwards could have been here lifting weights and having scrimmages with his teammates instead.

Instead, he got (a few) competitive minutes against the 7th and 25th best international teams in the current world rankings. He also got to practice a few times with professional coaches against the 22nd best national squad.

Edwards' personal development is probably greatly helped by his time with the Netherlands National team, at the very minor expense of losing some time getting to know his 7 new teammates.

Last edited:
I don't know... Edwards could have been here lifting weights and having scrimmages with his teammates instead.

Instead, he got (a few) competitive minutes against the 7th and 25th best international teams in the current world rankings. He also got to practice a few times with professional coaches against the 22nd best undertaken squad.

Edwards' personal development is probably greatly helped by his time with the Netherlands National team, at the very minor expense of losing some time getting to know his 7 new teammates.

I don’t think 20 mins of game time and a couple practices did anything more for his development. So he may as well have avoided all the travel time and hassles and worked out here. It didn’t hurt him playing for them but it was no great advantage IMO.

I don’t think 20 mins of game time and a couple practices did anything more for his development. So he may as well have avoided all the travel time and hassles and worked out here. It didn’t hurt him playing for them but it was no great advantage IMO.
I doubt many American college players would decline to play for his or her national team. Kudos to Jessie.

I doubt many American college players would decline to play for his or her national team. Kudos to Jessie.

They’ve played 4 games. He only played in the last 2.

Can’t think of a much better personal off season experience than to compete in international competition and represent your native country while doing so. His life long memories of doing so will probably greatly exceed anything he may have lost not being available for informal offseason workouts.

Can’t think of a much better personal off season experience than to compete in international competition and represent your native country while doing so. His life long memories of doing so will probably greatly exceed anything he may have lost not being available for informal offseason workouts.
Exactly. Great post to this and the other similar ones. Nothing should be better than representing your own country, especially when you are currently playing overseas. Hopefully this means a lot to Jesse and his family.

It’s just too bad they didn’t give him much of a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom