Jesus, I'm sick of UConn fans | Syracusefan.com

Jesus, I'm sick of UConn fans

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I really enjoy reading their Conference Realignment Board because it's like a reading list of all the latest news and rumors. But the crap that their board talks about football is just mind-boggling. They deserve their props for hoops, because let's face it, 3 titles do a lot of talking.

But to think they are a slam dunk to continue at this level without a real home stadium and without top flight facilities is far fetched. Kevin Ollie may be the world's best coach, but if he's not, a lot of them are going to be flummoxed.

It's like how the people on Fox News said that Romney was going to win the election so many times it was like they were trying to will it to be so, and then when all the polls, etc. (you know, "reality") interceded, they just lost their and couldn't comprehend it.

They fail to see how they aren't the football program that Louisville is, and that for all Calhoun's accomplishments, Louisville has had two elite hoops coaches - that Denny Crum fellow, way back when - and has played in 11 bowl games, including 9 in a row. UConn's won 3 bowl games, and 2 of them were against Buffalo and Toledo. Hell, before 2000, teams like that didn't get to go to bowls, just because they finished at .500 in some POS conference.

I've seen some rumors saying they might get an invite to the Big 10. I would love to see it. The Big 10 doesn't have the same pressure as the ACC to pick "football" schools for expansion to keep their conference mates happy. The Big 10 had the luxury of picking two crap programs like Rutgers and Maryland because they are so used to losing. Losing bowl games, losing basketball games. Both Big 10 leagues play unattractive ball. The population is moving away from that part of America. But they sure have figured out how to play the cable TV contract game well.

UConn football is ugly, lacking in heritage and really belongs in a second rate league. The Big 10 is not a "second rate" league, of course, it's the richest. But if they don't get their life raft soon, they may not be worth much in 5 years or so as a program. I can't stand their smug, noveau riche fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom