Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi for Pineda and Campos. | Syracusefan.com

Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi for Pineda and Campos.

A few more live arms competing for the spots in the rotation. Well now they have a much better chance to have a decent rotation next year.

How great is the Pineda trade. I think Montero is going to be a great MLB hitter but position was going to be an issue for the Yankees with Tex at 1B. Feared the Yankees wouldn't get value for him after too long. Scored a future ace.

Wow, I thought Monterro had a bright future with the Yanks, four home runs in his first 18 games will do that to a person. That projects out to 36 for a season. His ability behind the plate was the big question. For now we have a good front liner in Russell Martin. I guess you have to give up something good to build a stronger pitching staff and it looks like we got two strong starters in the process.

Our Fine Lot crew had somewhat of a connection to Jesus, a girl he has dated, a head turner I might add, has joined us before.

The NY Times calls Michael Pineda "a strapping 22 year-old right-hander. Anyone know more about him and can we expect him to contribute right away? I don't pay attention around the league like I used to.

Jose Campos a 19 year old minor league pitcher also came over in the deal with the Mariners. Again, anyone familiar with him?

Hiroki Kuroda fits the Yankees perfectly, one year deal, coming off a season where he posted a 3.07 ERA and keeping the Yanks payroll where it needs to be going forward.

Have these deals warmed your hearts and elevated your expectations? With Posada retired and Montero gone besides the afore-to-mentioned Johnny Damon, who do you think becomes our DH?

I think the Yankees will just re-sign Eric Chavez. Eduardo Nunez and Chavez can platoon at DH and play the infield when A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, and Teixeira need a 1/2 day off.

The NY Times calls Michael Pineda "a strapping 22 year-old right-hander. Anyone know more about him and can we expect him to contribute right away? I don't pay attention around the league like I used to.

Power, power, and more power. Going to a better division, and to a park where lefties have the advantage, there will be a few tough outings for Mr. Pineda. But when you watch him pitch, and his body language on the hill, you see what a future ace looks like. His mannerisms are very similar to a young Felix and CC. He has all he needs to become a future CY Young candidate.

Power, power, and more power. Going to a better division, and to a park where lefties have the advantage, there will be a few tough outings for Mr. Pineda. But when you watch him pitch, and his body language on the hill, you see what a future ace looks like. His mannerisms are very similar to a young Felix and CC. He has all he needs to become a future CY Young candidate.
high to mid 90's fastball and a decent breaking ball. A solid rotation kid and young being the one major quality. It makes life as a farm kid pitcher more difficult and iffy. As in now they are trade bait. I doubt if there are any real "unouchables beyond Banuelos. If even him?couchburn

high to mid 90's fastball and a decent breaking ball. A solid rotation kid and young being the one major quality. It makes life as a farm kid pitcher more difficult and iffy. As in now they are trade bait. I doubt if there are any real "unouchables beyond Banuelos. If even him?couchburn

No doubt in my mind Betances should be dealt. Banuelos has time to get his control worked out... but if its still shaky next year, gotta think about shipping him while his grade is still really high.

No doubt in my mind Betances should be dealt. Banuelos has time to get his control worked out... but if its still shaky next year, gotta think about shipping him while his grade is still really high.
I don't get why Betances "should " be traded. Isn't he a bit young to send him packing,unless the deal is too good to pass up.A potential quality kid who can hit and field at SS. We know thats highly unlikely I think Phelps gets a good look this spring as well as Banny. Colon is looking less andless as a Yankee this coming season now that cashman has pulled the trigger on this deal. I tell you if CC comes in at wy over 300lbs again.he had better pitch like it makes no difference or I would ship him out You can't have him falling off the mound because his belly shifted on his pitch. It was so easy to see that last year I'm surprised I'm the only one who has mentioned this so called athlete and his oversized waist line . CC was showing some or way too inconsistent performances after the All-Star game. He was hardly the CC of old . The Yankees need a young lefty in the rotation to grow.After Banny I don't know who might be next.:noidea:

I don't get why Betances "should " be traded. Isn't he a bit young to send him packing,unless the deal is too good to pass up.

Few people get more hostile than I do when young players are given up on if they aren't impact players by the age of 25, it sounds like Betances is still being drooled over as a top-50 type of arm, so I say go get something for him before his value drops. Could he still be very good? Of course. But he is a rough year away from being looked at as an "old" prospect, and the way he is walking guys at the minor league level, I just don't see that clearing up overnight. He's still 6'8", still throws mid to high-90s, and still has a hammer curve... all of which is why he still has so much hype. Trade him and another prospect to San Diego for Clayton Richard or something.

The word on Pineda is that he needs a third pitch. I believe that presently the changeup is the pitch. If I had a say I would prefer that a strong arm like his perfected a hard slider which IMO is the most difficult pitch for a batter to hit. Its an out pitch thrown on either side of the plate to a right or left handed batter. Couple that with an overpowering fast ball and anything resembling a change up and you have a 20+game winner out ther every uyear at his age.

The word on Pineda is that he needs a third pitch. I believe that presently the changeup is the pitch. If I had a say I would prefer that a strong arm like his perfected a hard slider which IMO is the most difficult pitch for a batter to hit. Its an out pitch thrown on either side of the plate to a right or left handed batter. Couple that with an overpowering fast ball and anything resembling a change up and you have a 20+game winner out ther every uyear at his age.

His slider is already one of the nastier ones in the league. The third pitch is indeed the change, but it has good movement and potential. I think he wins 15 games this year, keeps his ERA under 4, and lays the groundwork for a tremendous Yankee career.

Pineda throws in mid 90-s--that is 93-95 fast ball; out pitch is a slider and has a decent curve...Pinada is going to be a #2 starter and Campos at 19 may even be better...the Yankees are not trading their other young pitchers this year...the new Yankees are growing pitchers and buying bats when necessary...

His slider is already one of the nastier ones in the league. The third pitch is indeed the change, but it has good movement and potential. I think he wins 15 games this year, keeps his ERA under 4, and lays the groundwork for a tremendous Yankee career.
OK that I didn't know so thank you. I'm guessing Colon is no longer an option for the Yankees.The Sox will now be desperate to make some kind of move so this is now a panic time for them and their fan base.After last year's debacle it sould happen any time now for them to do something.:bat:

OK that I didn't know so thank you. I'm guessing Colon is no longer an option for the Yankees.The Sox will now be desperate to make some kind of move so this is now a panic time for them and their fan base.After last year's debacle it sould happen any time now for them to do something.:bat:

colon signed with the A's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom