JG3 | Syracusefan.com

JG3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the first I've seen him play this year. He looked better than I anticipated. In addition to his shooting he did a good job of passing to the post.

nah. he still can't play a lick of defense. And on a team like this, even though we're not a great shooting team, athleticism and D give us the best chance to win. Neither of which he has.
Ahh there it is, the old “athleticism” argument. Let me know how JJ is doing for us and when he receives a Player of the Game award after beating a top 25 opponent?! I’ll let you bump this post when it happens.

I watched the last two Clemson games. JG3 seemed way more patient and looking to pass first. He played great floor games and was making great entry passes. I just think he fits a role there better than he ever did here. He’s looked good though, happy for him.

nah. he still can't play a lick of defense. And on a team like this, even though we're not a great shooting team, athleticism and D give us the best chance to win. Neither of which he has.
He's not a strength on defense but he didn't look like he was hurting them there, at least during the part of the game I caught tonight. If he was still here, he'd help us. Right now everyone on our team except Mintz seems to have a glaring weakness that we have to work around. JG3's would be defense.

It was a mistake to not get him to stay. There I said it.
Nah, while his shooting will be missed he was a major defensive liability. Wouldn’t be able to hang with Red’s defensive philosophy

I love Joe. But we had to take JJ. He was a McDonald’s all American and a higher rated player than Joe, even in the portal. I’m not sure if we could have kept Joe of JJ was coming in. Plus we get JJ for 3 more years. The only problem is that Starling was supposed to be a good shooter, which he was in high school, and a much better driver than Joe. Hopefully the coaches a can fix his shot and he’ll start knocking them down.

I watched the last two Clemson games. JG3 seemed way more patient and looking to pass first. He played great floor games and was making great entry passes. I just think he fits a role there better than he ever did here. He’s looked good though, happy for him.
I think he was always good on entry passes - he was the best player getting Jesse the ball. Wonder if Jesse worried about it?

I love Joe. But we had to take JJ. He was a McDonald’s all American and a higher rated player than Joe, even in the portal. I’m not sure if we could have kept Joe of JJ was coming in. Plus we get JJ for 3 more years. The only problem is that Starling was supposed to be a good shooter, which he was in high school, and a much better driver than Joe. Hopefully the coaches a can fix his shot and he’ll start knocking them down.
So you’d rather take someone for there rating rather then there results…… righttttttt

I’m not going to dive into the JG3 fray, but that’s a huge road win for Clemson that should help them at the end of the year.

If you read Joe's comments when he left and why, you'd see that he was ready to move on and happy about it.

If you read Joe's comments when he left and why, you'd see that he was ready to move on and happy about it.
Why wouldn't he have wanted to, there was so much hate spewed at him? Haters win again.

Clemson is 6-0 and could be 7-0 with a win at Pitt on Sunday which if it happens will get them ranked.

I've always been bullish on JG3 but it's easy to see why he can be so polarizing. Clemson will be a tough matchup for a lot of teams and could really step up in an average ACC and Joe is a 5th year senior who could add confidence and stability to the roster.

I'd be happy if he goes off for 30 in the dome as long as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom