Jim B. quote | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jim B. quote

Around mid-season you had an NBA Front Office Exec saying they would take Ennis over Kyrie. He's been listed a lottery pick since he became a known commodity.

I sincerely hope we were not unprepared for this.

Remember what everyone said about MCW being too skinny to play in the NBA?

when yooz the top dog you're supposed to have your head wrapped around all contingencies to keep moving forward.

Remember what everyone said about MCW being too skinny to play in the NBA?
The difference is he's 6-6 and a freakish athlete.

I think Ennis is a better POINT GUARD, but he's not nearly as NBA ready as MCW. Not taking away from Ennis, who is one of my all-time favorites at SU.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

JB urged Donte Greene to stay because he felt it was in Donte's best interest. Look what happened to him after he left.

This is an honest-to-goodness question. Given JB's quotes on the radio, do you think he urged Ennis to stay?

I have to believe he did.

I really hope it turns out differently for Tyler than it did Donte in the NBA.

(Note: This is not to say Donte Greene hasn't made a lot of money playing basketball - he has. But I think his earning potential was hurt by his premature departure.)

donte who ? that's all you need to say about green's NBA career. never was.

This is an honest-to-goodness question. Given JB's quotes on the radio, do you think he urged Ennis to stay?

I have to believe he did.

I really hope it turns out differently for Tyler than it did Donte in the NBA.

(Note: This is not to say Donte Greene hasn't made a lot of money playing basketball - he has. But I think his earning potential was hurt by his premature departure.)
I always got the sense that Donte's situation was wildly different than Tyler's, from a financial standpoint. And that's why I always assumed Donte left, and why I was holding out hope Tyler would stay.

With so many chicken littles running around here, it makes me want to invest in umbrellas.
I know, when has the cupboard ever been bare here? Our worst years, which is like 2 or 3, we BARELY missed the NCAA's.
The history says we will be OK. Go look at Kaleb Joseph's promo vids. You'll feel a LOT better.
We can win with this.

Cooney
Joseph
BJJohnson
Gbinije
Patterson
Rak
DCII
Obokoh
Grant
McCullough
Roberson

Last edited:
I always got the sense that Donte's situation was wildly different than Tyler's, from a financial standpoint. And that's why I always assumed Donte left, and why I was holding out hope Tyler would stay.

Agreed - I am not saying what Donte did was the wrong decision for him at the time. But there's no doubt in my mind that he would have benefited in the long run from more seasoning in college.

I still like Donte Greene...oh well.

I think people should be hating on Ennis more too, considering poor Donte's farewell.

IMO Donte was more of a sure thing with his skill set than Ennis. I enjoyed having Tyler here, but for the life of me I can't figure out what people see in him that makes them think he'll be able to play in the NBA.

Joseph, Cooney, Silent G, Buss, BJ. How many more guards do we need? Players will just have to suck it up.
I'm more concerned about depth health and muscle near the basket. 1,2,3 we are good.

I'm looking forward to seeing BJ, Roberson, Patterson, and Obokoh getting some significant minutes on the court.
There's going to be growing pains but all these guys are among the best recruits in the nation.

Kaleb Joseph. That is all.
Kaleb Joseph, very good, will be a lot more bumps in the road during the year, especially in the beginning of the year with him. IMHO, if he is the SURE thing starter for Syracuse since day one, I'll be shocked... ABSOLUTELY need to bring another PG in... Joseph isn't good enough to be an automatic start off the bat... He can play his way into that position which is what should be the case, but if Syracuse doesn't bring in another PG, or develop one, It will be very challenging

Could you imagine being Kaleb Joseph today? This is the difference between playing infrequently, and playing 38 minutes per game. His adrenaline has to be flowing like crazy.

Could you imagine being Kaleb Joseph today? This is the difference between playing infrequently, and playing 38 minutes per game. His adrenaline has to be flowing like crazy.
Wasn't there an article a couple months ago about Joseph preparing to follow in Ennis's footsteps? Basically saying he's preparing to step in and play. It was in the Post Standard, I remember that much...

I think he's making a good decision. When you are lottery bound, staying another year can only hurt your chances. I think it is an easy decision unless a player lacks the confidence to make the jump. NBA is enamored with freshman. I recall CJ as a second rounder in mock drafts last year, don't think he will do any better this year.

I still like Donte Greene...oh well.

I think people should be hating on Ennis more too, considering poor Donte's farewell.

IMO Donte was more of a sure thing with his skill set than Ennis. I enjoyed having Tyler here, but for the life of me I can't figure out what people see in him that makes them think he'll be able to play in the NBA.