Jim Boeheim "apologizes" to Greensboro... | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim "apologizes" to Greensboro...

I work in Greensboro now, and some of my coworkers HATE that the ACC tourney isn't here anymore. I think they blame Boeheim

3190ql.jpg

Shows he can be smooth when he chooses to be. There are still a lot of folks in the South that will rain hate on him.

I love how Boeheim apologizes. Because he says things in the heat of the moment - reminds me a little of Biden - he stirs up controversy. And then he has to walk it back. And he always does it in the best way. He provides context. He had just lost a game when he was asked about the Greensboro venue.

“The only mistake I ever made, the only thing I would apologize to Greensboro for, we lost a one-point game (62-57 loss to Miami in Brooklyn) on a horrible call. That never happens right? But it was a horrible call. After the game somebody asked me about Greensboro and I said Greensboro brings nothing to this tournament. In the heat of the moment I would have said, ‘I hate my wife.’ I do apologize for that quote. It was not a true quote. The facts are, when we played here, we were treated better in Greensboro than any other tournament venue.”

The comment ”I hate my wife” was so funny and perfect! Boeheim at his Best.

I have a friend who lives 3 miles from the Coliseum. I am thinking of going to the tournament and staying with her. But first, I am going to send her this article. She was a little peeved by Boeheim. I hope she can now forgive. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom