Jim Boeheim faces biggest one-year rebuilding project of his career | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim faces biggest one-year rebuilding project of his career

Wow some crazy stats in that article. Also found the Frank Howard video pinned to the side of that page. I'm sure it was linked before but this is my first time seeing it. He seems very mature for his age and handles the interview outstandingly well.

I think this year I would rather endure some early losses and then watch the team make progress, as I assume it will. I am also going to modify expectations, which helps me. We certainly have a lot of unknowns in this year's team!

Didn't read the article, but I don't agree with the claim made in the headline.

Boeheim's had bigger player replacement challenges in the past.

We lost a starting point guard and a bunch of scoring production from a team that couldn't get out of its own way during the last quarter of the season. That's not exactly like losing the core of very good, veteran teams in 1996, 2000, and 2005.

I'm sorry that we couldn't see Ennis develop in the manner of many equally (and even more) talented players before him, but I'm comfortable with what we've got. Talent-wise, we're looking at potential upgrades at two (arguably all three) starting positions; experience is nice, but it's no substitute for raw talent.

I think this year I would rather endure some early losses and then watch the team make progress, as I assume it will. I am also going to modify expectations, which helps me. We certainly have a lot of unknowns in this year's team!
Hey what happened to that gnarly cat?

Hey what happened to that gnarly cat?
That was the CJ Gash Under Eye Cat. Now we are moving on! I am hoping Lawrinson will put some orange stuff on this duck. Still and all, the duck is awfully damn perky and may get on people's nerves. We'll see!

I'm more worried about the defense than I am about replacing points. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team score more than last years team.

I'll put half my T's down, no, all my T's that we win the national championship this year.

In '87, we had lost Pearl, Raf and wendell. We only had Rony and Triche back as starters. Much more dire. We lost in the title game.